1/16 Fiesta or 1/18 Rally?

Hey guys, quite a few questions... I was thinking about picking up a Rally for Christmas, and I was planning on getting the new 1/18 Rally, but then I saw you can get a 1/16 Ford Fiesta for the same price. I'm just looking to get into the drifting/on road scene, so which one would be better? 4 of my friends have the 1/16th scale platform, so I know my way around them really well. The Latrax Rally would 100% new for me however... I like how the 1/16 is bigger, and I already know of quite a few good upgrades to get, but the Latrax has some really cool upgrades for it too. Well, I guess I'm saying which would you get IMO?
    I have quite a few more questions, but I don't have time to write them tonight.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    I have a HPI 1/16th Savage and that thing, on brushless is a blast and I guess the 1/16th Rally would be the same plus it has the same scaled down cantilever suspension like a Revo or Summit which is cool. It's all quality hex hardware as opposed to the 1/18th's phillips hardware, every aftermarket part manufacturer has hop ups and upgrades for the 1/16th, you can run two batteries in parallel and get much longer run times. IMO go with the 1/16th
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Champion
    Although there are a bunch of haters..I'm a huge fan of the 1/16 platform.(I have 6 here)
    I'd choose the 1/16.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Champion
    +1 one the 1/16. They are the perfect blend of size and cheap upgrades.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

Ok, thaks for the replys! Does any one know if the SPC 2s 2500mah lipos would fit in the Latrax? Also, could you gear the Latrax up to make it go, say 25-30mph? Thanks!

http://spcracingbatteries.com/index....&product_id=54
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    The SPC batteries do fit, I think you just have to not use the battery hold down.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Qualifier
    Thought I'd chime in on this one.
    Just got my 1/16 rally driveable today, and even though I was only able to run one pack through it. Its a lot of fun. I have 2 mervs a summit vxl and now my rally. The 1/16 platform is and has been my favorite.
    Perfect if you don't have time, or don't feel like loading up the bigger cars and going to the park or something.
    addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    I would go 1/16 Rally, some say it's not stable at high speeds but it was for me! You would be drifting anyways so guess that wouldn't matter....
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    The 1:16 platform is big enough to go through grass. I think the latrax is too small for that.

lipo power!!!!!
    1:16 Slash VXL
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL