RC Champion

Red face Anybody work for walmart?

hey guys....a little nervious with joy right now. but i just got off from a phone interview and i got accepted for a part 2 interview at the local wlamart this thursday.if it goes throught this will be my first job lol

yes just fealing so good right now. the only thing i worried about is the "group interview" format that they are useing i have only been on one other interview and it was more or so a walk around a local machine shop. for a co-op placemnet.

enyboy have some tips for the interview and being a cashier?

thanks guys
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Qualifier
    Walmart?! Haha jk good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That don't make NO sense!"

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by reod12x2 View Post
    Yeah, make sure you have enough sense to count your cents. LOL

Have a smile, be friendly, and be good at least with basic math.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    oh man your funny^

thank you guys

Quote Originally Posted by reod12x2 View Post

thanks guys
    Be yourself, don't try to answer any questions with answers you THINK they want to hear. Just be yourself.

People may joke about working for Walmart, I say it's a good place to start.... This time of year they are hiring for the holidays so maybe you might want to ask is this for the holiday season too?

Be prepared to be working through the holidays as retail and holidays off do not mix....

Good luck.
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Qualifier
    My first job was(still is) at the local Kroger, its one of the biggest Kroger stores I have ever seen and we are supposed to be expanding within a year or two. It was a group interview for me, there was a few people with some basic qualities missing.... have not seen them since, except one... Well, I don't know how your Walmart goes but the ones down here only have cashiers, no baggers at all which I think is weird... Smile and great is the biggest thing. I got in an argument over some WonderBread the other day with a "smart" lady. I had other customers falling over laughing at this woman because she was angry that she does not read the discount signs all the way. When something says buy one get one free that does NOT apply to the whole section. I learn about arguing from having a Corp. Lawyer as a step-dad.... I said sorry NUMEROUS times while she pranced back there to prove herself wrong)))) My name is _______, there is the Customer service booth feel free to right a complaint about me. You have a nice night mam.
    Sorry for the paragraph but I still can't stop laughing about it, crazy now, crazy forever!
    Good Luck with the job interview, It should be easy. Sometimes I carry an intimidation factor with me(not a weapon or anything).
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    ya did the interview today......a group interveiw of 8 people.didnt go to bad for being the "other one"in the room. had to team up with another interviewie and put on a skit on about a customer inquirering about a product. and then relay questions from all the department manegers.

all good so far just waiting for the magic call

oh and what i found intresting is that employes get 10% off of all purchases globaly. 0.1% more cash return on thier master card. $4 bucks comision per master card sigh up . and get to use perkopolis.

nitronuaght:
    the pisition is for the holiday season/rush. and is temporary but they post job openings internally before they go to public so i just might be able to plant myself in.and if not then i finaly have paid working experience on my resume.

thank you guys

RC Qualifier
    We did the customer question game too! You will most likely be hired, good luck!
    PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    Good luck!

I have applied for a job in fast food a while ago and didn't get in there. Then just earlier this week on Monday, I applied for Pizza Hut and now I'm just hoping they will call me.
    Never trust a fart.

RC Champion
    ya i know what you mean ithrowstones.
    applied at at least 5 other places since summer began and nothing . did the online application for walmart on sunday.got a call monday .called them back on tuesday. imediatly did a phone interview. then was asked if i could come by that thursday for a group interview. it just went so fast and was sorta unexpected.

just hope'n. and best of luck to you

RC Qualifier
    Thanks!
    It's hard to get in somewhere when you have no experience and they want you to have experience.

Good job on getting a call back that fast.
    Never trust a fart.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    Thanks!
    It's hard to get in somewhere when you have no experience and they want you to have experience.

Good job on getting a call back that fast.
    yeah i feel ya iv had no luck with jobs not even an email back but my brother quit his job to focus on kickboxing more then 6 months later the first job he applies to he gets hired within 6 hours of applying. then recently he got another job after 1 day of putting his application in i wish i had his luck.
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Kinda way off base but when I used to work for Hardees: "Welcome to Hardee's, may I take your order....?" or " would you like to Monster size the order....?" or "Would you like to add an Apple Pie to that?" LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    na still on topic. trying to get a job/first job or job.

but ya experience is a must in most casses.i have lots of experience off recored.
    but i cant rilly put that on the resume if there is no proper contacts...... but furtuniatly mid september i got a co-op placement at a car audio shop .for school credits.wich i can put on the resume. but still isnt much.

no call yet....

RC Champion
    hey guys got the call yesterday and was asked to come in the same day.
    turns out i wont need my sense to count cents. as they fitted me into store standards.but i could of had night stocking shelves for 8hr's if i could work from 11pm till 7 am. wich i could've done but have a paper route in the morning and christmas tips toping around $200. .rilly breif discription that i got was that im going to be a kart fetcher or something along the lines.

but ya now im just waiting for walmart to finish up on the "criminal check" then i asume i will be going into training.

and .....the position is only for the month of december wich is okay by me.just hope i can find something imediatly after words.
    as i will be on rc overload with more cash lol

RC Competitor
    I'm the overnight support manager at Walmart, and I gotta say, working there isn't near as terrible as some people say it is. Sure, there are some not-so-great positions within the stores, but doing your job right and delivering great customer service makes you feel good at the end of the day (or, in my shift's case, at the end of the night). Working through holidays kind of sucks, but they wouldn't keep pushing hours back (like last night, when I had to go in at 5pm...) if customers would stop showing up, so it's all on them. :P
    Duh-duh-DUH-duh-DUH-duh...

Wal-Mart was my second job, after burger king. So you aren't off to a bad start at all. Just be courteous and even if you are the only one doing it, do your job. I second that it isn't a horrible place to work, I have relatives who have made careers out of it, but you need a certain type of personality or at least ability to fake it to really get along there.

BTW-I was a buggypusher at WM it was a decent job, being outdoors and exercising while getting paid. Be prepared to help people fit an enormous tv into the back seat of their midsize car, lol. I did that many times!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    I work at a Walmart distribution center as a dry grocery orderfiller. I've been at it for 6 years now. Love the company, and love my job!

Ive been sent to some problem stores to stick shelves and work the back room. Please, be one of those people who cares about getting the right product in the right places on the right shelves. If you notice something not right, be proactive about it and take ownership of the situation. We noticed so many people who didn't care. Hiding freight they couldn't fit behind other products, stashing items anywhere if they couldn't find the proper tag, not working to fit a whole case on the shelf if it took effort and just putting it in overstock...go above and beyond and it will be noticed. Don't let the bad habits of those around you rub off on you. Just because everyone does it doesnt make it right.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 11-29-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    BTW-I was a buggypusher at WM it was a decent job, being outdoors and exercising while getting paid. Be prepared to help people fit an enormous tv into the back seat of their midsize car, lol. I did that many times!
    If I had a nickel for every time I wheeled a trampoline out to the lot only to see a hatchback sitting there...:P
    Duh-duh-DUH-duh-DUH-duh...

RC Champion
    lol its been buissie the last couple days.got called thursday evening and was asked to come by the next morning at 9;30 for orentation that lasted to about 3:00.

second day wasnt so bad. started off on my cbl's(computer based training) then after that went to shadow store standerds.and ended up being paired up with a class mate.......wheeled in carts .i think 50-60 at a time with a push bot.then after i was trained to make a bail of card board.wich was awsome and easy. and buddie said the back maneger sorta liked me already... and later that day went walking around the store in search of the origional blue shopping carts. that seem to escape from the back and found this customer that wanted a carry out for a baby matrise.wich probably weight all of 2-3lbs....

aw ya it's going good so far.due in at noon today. for another shift of fun.
    thank you guys
    Last edited by reod12x2; 12-01-2013 at 09:34 AM.

If you feel you are treated fairly and you are enjoying the experience.... Sounds like your doing fine to me...

Congrats, good luck with all your employment endeavors....

There are worse places to work than WalMart and there are a lot of people who would like to be working but have no job...
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Champion
    i know my dad had gotten laid off a couple months ago and hasnt been able to find enything in concret...but as the season goes winter is dead.