Thread: Slayer or ????

RC poster

Question Slayer or ????

Hey guys I'm new to the traxxas forum and I'm in the market for a truck, now I have done nitro and electric before but it's been some time and I'm having a hard time deciding what I want... I really like the slayer and it's characteristics, but I went into this with my eyes set on the TMaxx 3.3..... I don't think ill Be racing so which ever truck get will be more so For fun... I like all traxxas stuff and I may not being writing in the correct area but help me out.....

RC Champion
    Welcome to the forum. How long has it been since you have driven an electric car?
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC poster
    Thanks! And it's been over 6 years, I used to have an electric rustler when I was in 8th grade and I'm now 27 haha sooooo it's been some time and these trucks have come a long way! I def want something FAST!! I've also owned a nitro rs4 way back then. So def need some opinions.... I do remember nitro would be some temperamental but I'm sure it's improved

RC Champion
    I would do some research into the electrics. They are so much less work and they are way faster.
    try search you tube.
    Electric cars have come a long way in six years, from what I have heard nitro is about the same. You can get a brushless e maxx that does 60+ mph
    or you could get the slash that can do 50+ mph
    I personally love the electrics because they are fast, waterproof, and very low maintenance
    Last edited by Double G; 11-29-2013 at 01:12 PM.

RC Qualifier
    For the best, fastest, all around truck, my vote is for the Jato. If you can keep it straight and the front end down, only the fastest purpose built or highly modified vehicles can outrun it, on road or off, nitro or electric. But there's not very many things out there that can keep up with the Jato on both.

RC poster
    yea the Jato seems like a great truck but im looking for something with a little more size..... The EMaxx is a a good truck too, I never imagined making a decision could be so hard.... now out of the box which electric truck is the quickest?

RC Champion
    The xo-1 would be the quickest, followed by the e revo or e maxx.

RC Competitor
    I have the slayer pro and love it. It is a very well built truck. With a few hop ups it is pretty stable. Highly recommend that you put the sway bars on it. That helps a lot. I would really like to race my slayer but right now I only use it for bashing. My son has the nitro rustler and it is actually faster then my slayer. I'm pretty sure the nitro slash is also faster. But the slayer is much more of a truck.

As my son puts it, the rustler is a toy while the slayer is a truck...

Highly recommend the slayer.

With all that being said, the new electric tech is night and day to what it was 8 years ago. The new brushless motors and LiPo batteries are amazing.