RC Enthusiast

New CVEC tuned pipe and Motor saver air filter!

Just installed the motor saver air filter and a CVEC single chamber tuned pipe. I basically had to move mountains to find a CVEC pipe. I didn't know that they stop making their products. It's a awesome day outside so I will be tuning shortly.
    Feel free to add some feedback!

RC Qualifier
    The CVEC is a nice pipe. I have one one my Revo. I got lucky and found it on eBay.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    Well got in some tuning time in today and WOW! Super crisp throttle response and loads of low end punch. Actually it had way more mid range grunt as well. My conclusion, the stock resonator pipe is crap really. Oh and the sound is SWEET! All in all it leaned out the mix quite a bit and that's about it.
    Last edited by Rx7nator; 11-19-2013 at 01:18 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I live in a neighborhood, what pipe quiets the sound and does not negatively effect the performance?
    Powered by Castle.....

RC Enthusiast
    I suppose your guess is as good as mine. That sounds kinda tricky.

RC Enthusiast
    New RPM front bumper and A-arms with new Traxxas titanium dipped steering and caster blocks.

RC Enthusiast
    RPM rear A-arms with Traxxas titanium dipped axle carriers coming very soon. Of yeah a RB innovations head too! Oh yeah I'm also looking into ordering the Traxxas GTR shocks. Can anyone suggest spring color? I run on the street mainly. So would the stock springs be ok?
    Last edited by Rx7nator; 12-07-2013 at 09:47 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    The rear A-arms are in along with the TRX titanium dipped axle carriers. The TRX steel CV axles are going in by the end of the weekend. Along with the TRX aluminium drag link.

Last edited by Rx7nator; 12-14-2013 at 09:55 AM.

RC poster
    So the stock r tuned pipe is no good? I was looking at the rd logics dual pipe since it has the exhaust pointing towards the rear of the car. If that is an upgrade I would get it. I don't like that the stock pipe has the side exhaust and always gets my rear tire dirty and full of oil so that's why I was looking into the rear exit pipe

RC Enthusiast
    I would go on youtube and watch some videos with that exhaust. It is really loud. So like I said, a once over on youtube will answer any questions you have on that matter.

Finally! New RB Innovations heat exchanging head. Works beyond perfect!

Last edited by Double G; 01-08-2014 at 04:04 PM. Reason: merge

RC Competitor
    Sweet jato....lovin that pipe. Any video yet? Time for some gearing mods huh.

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah a few vids here http://www.youtube.com/user/Rx7nator I think I'm gonna toss on my TRX steel CV shafts and that will be it for a while. I think the stock gearing isn't to bad. If anything maybe I'm gonna go with a single gear conversion. As for that pipe, I had to make a deal with the devil to get a hold of that thing.

RC Enthusiast

RC Racer
    Very nice truck! Do they make that head for a Picco .26? I have fitted my Jato with the .26 Picco and would like to get the operating temps down a few more degrees.
    Warned to not use symbols..........

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry for taking forever for a response, but I'm not totally sure to be completely honest. They have a bunch of stuff. RB Innovations.

RC Competitor
    I think you talked me into trying one of those CVEC pipes....BTW...nice headlights. Lovin it so far! Waitin on that high speed pass vid. (subscribed)

RC Enthusiast
    Awesome to hear. Thanks. High speed passes coming soon!