RC poster

Looking for a radio connector?

I'm a noob, I hope this is ok to post here. I didn't see a more appropriate forum?

My son has an HPI truck with a Traxxas XL5 ESC. He was screwing around with his wiring, and tried to cut a zip tie, and ended up cutting off the three wire radio connector . He snipped it too close to the connector, I can't splice it.

I don't recognize just the plug as a commonly available electronic accessory, and I don't see it available in the Traxxas parts lists. Is there anywhere I can source another one? I'm considering posting up in the Marketplace to see if anyone has a burned up ESC I could buy for a couple bucks to scavenge the connector off of, but is the part available new anywhere?

RC Competitor
    Your lhs should sell extensions, y splitters, or just the connector you need. You could salvage from a broken servo if you have one. The pins are the same as usb or front panel (power switch, reset, led) connectors on a computer motherboard. If all else fails you could source pins from old/broken computer or cabling retailer, recrimp pins and reuse old plastic connector.

RC poster
    Awesome, that's what I needed to know. Thanks very much!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.