Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Champion
    oh wow. i love the tires i was going to get another set of trenchers for the 2wd but these are going to look alot better and be better in the snow.

also i could see this coming into my stable during winter

--------------
    looks like its going to be 40 bucks for a set of rubber tires
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Yep thats for sure rag. I love the look of the tires. How are the Traxxas Chevrons? I've never owned a set, even from the Maxx.

I love the look of these too. And great. I own a set, and they are good tires. You know, low-ish traction, and a blast Really a hard rubber. Just a different experience.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

I get asked about something like this all day. This will be a great addition to the market. Another good move by Traxxas.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

I get asked about something like this all day. This will be a great addition to the market. Another good move by Traxxas.
    Same here. I think it's a great idea! I've had friends in the past want to get a rc car, and they want to get the Stampede 4x4, but it's too expensive for them.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    I really like the new look. Now to wait for them to hit the shelves.

RC Enthusiast
    This is a rip of as i just bought a roller stampede and put a brushless motor in for 350 why would traxxas even bother. I think it is going to be 520

Quote Originally Posted by omegamanrc View Post
    This is a rip of as i just bought a roller stampede and put a brushless motor in for 350 why would traxxas even bother. I think it is going to be 520
    Please do a little research prior to posting.
    Street price is $299.99. Subtract any possible coupons and (if you want a roller for a brushless system) what you'll get for the unused XL-5 & Titan 12T ($50+) and now what do you think?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    I would be very concerned with the motor on this truck. I killed so many 12T's that I think the only way to go is brushless.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by benalexe View Post
    I would be very concerned with the motor on this truck. I killed so many 12T's that I think the only way to go is brushless.
    Agreed, I have never had luck in a 2wd with that combo, it will fry up pretty quick in a 4wd.
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan81 View Post
    Agreed, I have never had luck in a 2wd with that combo, it will fry up pretty quick in a 4wd.
    I don't understand why traxxas released this model. It doesn't make sense to me.

The VXL-3s combo is almost overstained with the stampede 4x4 so the next step is to install the Titan 12T XL-5 System?

Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    I don't understand why traxxas released this model. It doesn't make sense to me.

The VXL-3s combo is almost overstained with the stampede 4x4 so the next step is to install the Titan 12T XL-5 System?
    Ya know Traxxas is probably the biggest manufacturer of RC vehicles around these days, I think they know a thing or two more than most of us about what will sell and what will work. Releasing a slightly modified model based on an existing platform makes sense to me and helps keep cost in line. Releasing one with a power system that does not cost as much at this time of year makes a LOT of sense to me and will likely once again bring many new people into the hobby. The new Pede may not make sense to experienced hobbyist but to someone new to the hobby at this time of year it makes a LOT of sense to me.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post

Easy one: money. From a marketing standpoint probably to provide a less expensive truck for people to purchase to get their foot in the door of this hobby and then upgrade or purchase other Traxxas products. Or not everyone wants to have a brushless system. I know that if I was in the market to get into RC, fell in love with the 4x4 BL Stampede but then saw the price, I would walk away. From a financial standpoint they've already got the parts in their bins so why not build it and very little R&D cost?

Why does Ford, Chevy and Dodge offer a V6 for their trucks? Adequate amount of power and carry/tow capacity but definitely not enough for the full potential of the truck.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    I think that I am glad that they didn't have this one out a few months ago. Is it the same as the 4x4 VXL but with just the different motor and speed controller? I probably would have bought it since I didn't want to spend so much. I almost got the 2wd version but my buddy's son's kept going through motors and I wanted the better radio. I also really wanted a more capable truck than my MERV. So, I ended up getting the 4x4 VXL version for my son. It is still up in the attic though waiting for X-mas. I am just mad that he will now have a better truck than I have! I am putting bigger tires on mine and doing some upgrades so it will hang a little better with the Pede. I can't wait. I got a pretty good deal on it since I had to get some parts for the Merv also. I spent over $500 with the Pede for $409 with Nimh and the tires for Merv along with Lipo charger. I got $70 off at Tower and the Pede also came with a $20 gift certificate. To make myself feel better about spending all that money on him, I call it $90 off of the $409, so $320 was a great deal on it and only a little more than I paid for the Merv.

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-01-2013 at 12:20 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I find it very sad for the few people that decided to bash this new version of the Stampede. Traxxas builds high quality vehicles for beginners to the experienced. They have people that do market research and build products to fill those needs. A low cost, brushed motor version is a great starting point and starting cost for a beginner. On the other hand. It's a low cost starting point for an experienced builder who does not want to spend the money on a VXL system if they are planning to just remove it and install an aftermarket brushless system. Either way. It's a win, win! As far as how it looks. Opinions will vary. But for My money. It is one of the BETTER looking Monster Trucks on the market. True Monster Trucks are not a True truck. What I mean is. the body is Mounted on a chassis. It's just a shell. It does not have much function other than cosmetic. Just like R/C's. Anyways. love it or hate it, this is just my two cents. I like the new truck, and I'm sure it will sell just fine.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Racer
    We got ours last week and after about 6 battery packs thru it, we love it.
    Mods thus far, alum shock caps and removed some graphics.
    Regards,
    Todd
    5806 Raptor, 67054 Stampede

Dude I am glad you are loving the stampedeI really want to get my hands on those maxx tyres just to compare to mashers....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Those tires look awesome!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

They look sick but can't find them for sale yet.......peace

RC Racer
    Those jacks are too cool!

RC Qualifier
    I like the new look of that stampede 4x4. With those tires. I bet those will work better that my after market mashers. And good thing they released this low cost version so many of guys out there can start this hobby starting with stampede 4x4.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Man the price is just right, even to re build it is great, I should add this to my basket list , instead of trying to re-invent the wheel, after calculating , it would cost me at least two or more trucks to convert a 2wd to 4X4 using the same chassis....mmmmm time to re budget
    Live life to the fullest

I hope the new 2.8" maxx tyres are hard wearing because they would be sweet on some proline rims guys....peace

RC Racer
    I ordered some Pro Line Masher 2.8's on Despardos so my take offs may be up soon if I decide not to keep them.
    Regards,
    Todd

You will love the mashers they have had very good reviewsand please let us know what you think of them too.......peace

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    You will love the mashers they have had very good reviewsand please let us know what you think of them too.......peace
    Will do my brother

Regards,
    Todd
    Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk
    Regards,
    Todd

Thanks bro it all helps us and others reading the posts....peace