RC poster

put a gyro on Erevo?

Hello has anyone put a gyro on your EVO try to do this
    Erevo BL
    Slash Roller Project Build

RC Qualifier
    It is doable, but why would you need one ?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvydrp85 View Post
    Hello has anyone put a gyro on your EVO try to do this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TaYqKPpJL4

IMHO

As for all things quality itens are a must! And nowdays they should be standart... LOSI is coming up with them right now as stock RTR gyros but with other name! (having always the option to swithc it off/ON)
    On these days of brushless insane power that kick butt's on the nitro stuff, gyros are becoming to be a standart gear, as 1:1 ESP on cars!

Nitro people are just getting old... and outdated... brushless is now standart and ESC with programming stuff like turbos and throttle curves are the "NOW" THE next BIG thing.

IMO nitro/gas RC's in 10 to 15 years will disapeer on the rc racing scene!
    Like it already disaperad on the RTR's/basher's/newbies/normal people (not rc junkies) scene!

I like nitros to... but seem to slow and to noisy and to headheach for the days we are living.
    People want it now and read to scream everytime everywhere, and not to strugle 15minutes for it to start....
    This videos end ups that story if gyros help or not.
    But they are only needed for the speed freaks outhere, or the drift newbies only!

And sway bars on any rc are a must to!
    Last edited by targetingxmod; 11-15-2013 at 05:11 AM.

RC Qualifier
    How is it done and what is needed, i might wann do it....
    8 traxxas models and counting....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LocatedGecko7 View Post
    How is it done and what is needed, i might wann do it....
    What is needed?
    -Money
    -Buy
    -Install Inside the receiver box to be safe from heavy dust/debris
    -wire to the receiver by the jst plug

DONE!
    Then you could check for it's sensitivity on it's knobs.

What could be more easy?

RC Qualifier
    What gyro should i buy? Idk where to start lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LocatedGecko7 View Post
    What gyro should i buy? Idk where to start lol
    The same like that guy on the video. All i can says is it takes first step, and then up you go!

Futaba!

RC Qualifier
    What doesnt make sense to me is what gyro should i look into, a special brand, a certain type, etc. etc. etc.

I think this is similar to what you are looking for may be not this one.

some gyro's are not compatible with some systems

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Futaba-GYC43...item20dafe630b
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
    The same like that guy on the video. All i can says is it takes first step, and then up you go!

Futaba!
    The E-Revo in stock form uses 2 servos for steering. The Futaba GYC430 gyro has one steering output channel. Will a simply Y harness work, or do I have to convert to single servo?

In the video it looks like he's using a single servo on one side with GPS on the other. I'd like to just stick with the 2 servos for now.

RC poster
    Coming from a helicopter background.
    There's no reason why this isn't doable as the video shows.

I'd like to advise one thing, Gyro's are a very sensitive item. Putting one of these on a car bouncing around the way it does especially flipping off a jump or a crash with some real good decent bumps and jolts would stuff the Gyro.
    Yeah helicopters do a lot of tricks flipping around etc, but still a crash can stuff the Gyro. So before you spend the money on a decent Gyro just to help keep your car in a straight line, think about it.

For me i prefer the car getting out of shape and going sideways and having to steer it back in line. I don't see the fun in a car thats too right, automated.
    Last edited by GrantWilliams; 01-12-2014 at 06:51 PM.

RC Qualifier
    That is the future of Rc cars in the eletric brushless form! To much power needs control!
    They need to have gyro or something in the likes!

From that video there is a car version from Futaba, same has helis but on the box says CAR!

-C is for CAR.

Anyway... LOSI is coming out now with gyro included on their receivers. It's just the next big step.
    And it will never go back. Of course there is the option to switch off.
    All Rc's brands in the world in the next years will have this... period!

All IMHO!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrantWilliams View Post
    Coming from a helicopter background.
    There's no reason why this isn't doable as the video shows.

I'd like to advise one thing, Gyro's are a very sensitive item. Putting one of these on a car bouncing around the way it does especially flipping off a jump or a crash with some real good decent bumps and jolts would stuff the Gyro.
    Yeah helicopters do a lot of tricks flipping around etc, but still a crash can stuff the Gyro. So before you spend the money on a decent Gyro just to help keep your car in a straight line, think about it.

For me i prefer the car getting out of shape and going sideways and having to steer it back in line. I don't see the fun in a car thats too right, automated.
    Last edited by targetingxmod; 01-13-2014 at 12:02 PM.

RC Qualifier
    oh boy just like stability control in a real car. Wonder when well get ABS and traction control lol. Cool tech tho

thanks for the vid... guess I'm old school. I can do without, not saying it doesn't work or it not a good thing just not for me.. I like the laps he ran in a circle.......lol...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by VGP12 View Post
    oh boy just like stability control in a real car. Wonder when well get ABS and traction control lol. Cool tech tho
    ABS is already on most Transmiters. Even my cheap Kyosho Kt201 has ABS function. What it does is when braking, it does brake,go,brake,go,brake lightning fast. With abs off it just brake.

hummm interesting, kind of cool, still not for me but interesting.......

RC Qualifier
    Everyone has traction control built into every car however many people cannot remove the magnet from the back of the throttle lever that seems to pulls it all the way back to the grip. Takes years of practice to wear the magnet out.
    If it didn't break you can do it again.

RC Competitor
    I would need such a magnet-remover-tool !
    or maybe my Remote Control is not working right, looks I have one of this new school digital remote that only know's 1 or 0 ...
    It's like I have a one channel Remote ,for steering and an on/off switch for throttle ...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by afterdarkgames View Post
    Everyone has traction control built into every car however many people cannot remove the magnet from the back of the throttle lever that seems to pulls it all the way back to the grip. Takes years of practice to wear the magnet out.
    Roftl.
    In my own country we call that a "nails Kit". Anyway that's the way market is going today because of the overhelming power of brushless technology... image a full machined heavy steel transmisson with 12s +300C on a 1/8 truggy with 1:1 heavy rubber glued tires with steel mesh inside them.

It will be a reallity sooner in 10years for the bash/speed freaks outhere!

That way you just need all the electronics to make it straight... or it will open holes in everything they crash! lol

lol
    I know it sounds crazy future... but talk to the nitro oldfarts in the last 20years...and ask them on that time that an electric rc car go to 100mph out of the box! RTR! Bah.. take your pills son!
    Sure!
    Last edited by targetingxmod; 01-14-2014 at 08:06 AM.

RC poster
    Thanks for posting that info. Finally looks like something that could withstand a bit of hard life environment. I still like the good old fashion way with "attitude". Keeps the experience fresh and fun without having something too perfect.

RC poster
    O bought a cheap and it doesn't work on the traxxas receiver.... But works fine on airplane radio system, does any one know why or how to fix that?
    If not, which one would be a compatible cheap option???
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-21-2014 at 07:45 AM. Reason: content

RC Qualifier
    Wrong kind of gyro. You need a tail lock gyro not a head lock or heading lock gyro like you have purchased. They are easily identifiable by not having the fourth yellow wire. As in 3 wires in and 3 wires out. Sometimes the connection is directly to the board of the gyro from the servo so you will only see the three wires leaving the gyro going to the radio.
    If it didn't break you can do it again.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
    ABS is already on most Transmiters. Even my cheap Kyosho Kt201 has ABS function. What it does is when braking, it does brake,go,brake,go,brake lightning fast. With abs off it just brake.

Yes but this doesn't sense the if the wheels are locked or not, so it is not a real ABS.
    This could be implemented by castle in their ESC's though, i do not see why they didn't do this already.

RC Racer
    Has any one had any luck finding a tail lock gyro that'll work with a traxxas receiver and hi-tec servo? I've found some but they're all out of stock, it's like i missed the boat by a year or so....lol....
    Good, Fast, Cheap; You can only have two