RC Enthusiast

Wink Future Traxxas products

Currently I'm on the fence about waiting for a new product that I may like or pick up a Revo 5309. I currently have a jato and a losi 810 I converted to electric with a full tekin system on 3S batteries...There are a lot of tracks in my area that race buggies but I've decided I might not want to go that route. The Losi has not seen outside of my house and sitting on all brand new stuff. I'm thinking of selling the Jato and the Losi(stupid, probably take a loss) and just sticking with the revo. But if Traxxas came out with a nitro buggy or a vehicle with a new nitro etc etc I may regret my purchase. Anyone think Traxxas may be getting back into the nitro field this year or should I not hold my breath. Should I sell the Losi? I'm all confused. opinions welcomed!!! haha

Traxxas always holds their new releases close to the vest until they are ready to be released.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Enthusiast
    Oh I know, I had an old forum account but lost it...Anyway, I just wish Traxxas would throw out a general idea of what they plan for the year. Like having a calendar of 1 boat, 2 1/18th, 1/8 MT and 1/8 Buggy this year, dates unkown yada yada. Atleast people would be ready to purchase their products sooner when they release. Not everyone is a millionaire =D.

Wont happen, they keep em under wraps until they are ready to release. Less time for the typical anti traxxas militia to start a smear campaign against the new product that NOOOOOOOOOOObody ever wanted to see.

Drives me nuts. I would love to have an Idea of whats coming. Easier to plan purchases. and by planning it doesnt feel as bad as an impulse buy haha.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas made it interesting when they had the xo-1 blackened in and you had to Gus's what it could've been.
    Never trust a fart.

Ahhh the spinning X.

Sent from my phone to you. #KCCO

RC Enthusiast
    Traxxas has got into the racing scene with the short course, I just wish they would with other platforms =(.

RC Qualifier
    I think that Traxxas is more into the offroad basher and newbies than they are into the racing scene. IMHO
    Never trust a fart.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    I think that Traxxas is more into the offroad basher and newbies than they are into the racing scene. IMHO
    Yeah it seems that way. For the price of traxxas they should come more upgraded.

I would also like to see a 5th scale and actual race vehicles

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    a big yes to race vehicles. Traxxas has more than enough resources to build the best competitive race models in the world but seem to choose not to.
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC Racer
    traxxas could totally sell a model with all trx aluminum parts and it kick but right out of the box but they wont

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer83L View Post
    a big yes to race vehicles. Traxxas has more than enough resources to build the best competitive race models in the world but seem to choose not to.
    I would have to say they fill the niche in the beginning to intermediate enthusiasts. If they started hitting a already flooded market with competitive company's already proven platforms. This in my eyes might lead most people to buy brand x instead (buy the time cost is added). Just saying if you're able to buy a short course truck for instance with steel driveline and aluminum chassis from the start who wouldn't Imo to race competitive.

Not saying anything bad about traxxas at all here. They are able to take a platform, and basically market a couple models from this (obviously some parts need changing). Smart move on their part here and makes sense in the profit department stand point and r&d. Once you get into competitive racing they're tends to be more changes being made to compete with others Imo.

Heck, one of the best 1/10th scales I've owned was the stampede. For some stupid reason I had the bright idea to sell her. Since then I have regretted letting her go. I was looking at a slash, but still leaning towards the stampede (but 44 this time around).

samsung galaxy note 2
    rusler vxl, rusler xl-5, jato 3.3, losi 5ive T

As much as I am not a big fan of not knowing whats coming I'm more put off by the apparent unwillingness to address problems with what should be a relatively simple fix.

For example, ERBE provided with 6s lipo and Diffs that have a tendency blow up if you do donuts on 4s lipo...
    Blows my mind that Traxxas has not come up with a solution to this.

I'm still hoping that if/when the ERBE gets a makeover they finally make a move towards a full 1/8 scale drive train.

I'm just stabby because i finally destroyed my rear differential in the ERBE, to the point where i had to replace the bulkhead as well...
    I have been very fortunate to this point this is the first time a shimmed diff has blown out, but certainly see enough other guys having endless issues with them.

RC Qualifier
    They snuck the LaTrax Alias up pretty fast!
    PM for info.....