RC Qualifier

I hate traxxas link

So after 2 ipod, 2 receivers, 2 sets of telemetry wires, I finaly have it working properly with my merv.

I bound another receiver to it, and drove that vehicle all day.

Went to use the merv again, ITS GONE, needs to be rebound which is a PIAN because of all the wires I have jammed in the receiver box.

Try the second car again ITS GONE!!! Now nothing works AGAIN. Waste of time and money. I wanted to be able to use 1 controller for a LOT of cars, I have 6 at the moment, not any fun if ya gotta bind em each time ya wanna use em.

RC Qualifier
    I have 2 models working now, I must have replaced the first with the 2nd before? still not sure what I did wrong the first time or what I did right the 2nd time. when I go to add a 3rd I am scared I am gonna loose em all again.

RC Racer
    Strange. The TQi can link up to 30 before it starts rolling over and replacing the 1st linked receiver with the 31st. It may lose the links if you fully reset the TQi by holding down the red set and menu buttons by turning it on. I have all 3 of my vehicles linked to 3 different TQi two with docking bases. If all 3 vehicles are on, then traxxas link can be used to select a vehicle. Otherwise it's best to have all vehicles and transmitters off, battery unplugged, turn on transmitter, wait 5-10s,plug in battery, turn on vehicle, wait 5s, check steering n throttle. If it doesn't link turn everything off, unplug battery, wait 30s n try again, usually works. If it fails, curse, turn everything off, try again and 3rd time's the charm. Makes no sense at all. Maybe plugging in battery makes a surge that befuddles the receiver and unplugging n waiting 30s allows it to recover and then link.

RC Champion
    I have a traxxas TQ 2.4 ghz with a 5 channel receiver. I haven't been able to get the receiver or transmitter to connect.
    I will try what Dementor said about connecting. I have a battery coming in on the 31st (tomorrow) so i will let you know how it goes then.

RC Racer
    Always a little disheartening when you go to plug everything in and nothing works. Sometimes, the two battery cars need to get their capacitors up in charge before they will respond. I can usually tell it will connect if I get a spark arcing between the 2nd battery and connector. If not, then I wait 10s before turning on the receiver.

RC Champion
    I have a Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3 so i don't need two batteries for the car. It ran with one. I took off the chinese brand transmitter and receiver and tried traxxas for a transmitter and receiver and i had this problem.

RC Champion
    So i tried every technique in the book and they didn't connect. Could it be something else? I plan to go to a local traxxas guy who bought out a store. He said i could try a new receiver to see what the problem is.

RC Racer
    Try resetting the transmitter to factory default. With the transmitter off, hold down both red buttons not top and turn transmitter on.

Once transmitter set to default, bind to 1st vehicle and test.

Once bound to 1st vehicle, turn off everything, then bind to second vehicle and test.

Once bound to 2nd vehicle, turn off everything, then turn on transmitter, then turn on 1st vehicle and see if it links. if not, turn everything off and try it again.

RC Champion
    I have the TQ 2.4 ghz. I don't have 2 red buttons. Just one button. The transmitter never connected even when trying to connect to a new receiver. Should i see if traxxas will look at it? Or should i take it a local shop and trade up?

RC Racer
    My bad, I didn't realize you were using a TQ. My experience is with the newer TQi.

Call Traxxas. They will try to help you over the phone.