Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by chris460 View Post
    There is a ball diff comeing out but no one has it yet let me know how that spool works wish flm would start makeing parts for them i have a savge with flm stuff and great stuff or rpm thats good stuff to but we will see
    yup i will be getting those once there available as well lol.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    ebay man. just went to ebay. ive notice that so far there and tower hobbies are the most supplied for the latrax rally.
    I'll try Tower again. I scoured the site and even searched La Trax and could not find anything. I may have to get my 12 year old grand son over to show this old man how to find stuff.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

what exactly you looking for? maybe i can find some links and pm them to you or something
    Drag It!

still waiting on my new diffs to arrive along with my bearings and aluminum axles to arrive. both said they were expected today but that didnt happen. i was browsing ebay though and found the new aluminum shocks for sale only one set available so i snagged them up along with a blue aluminum center axle. cant wait for all my goodies to arrive lol
    Drag It!

There is a ball diff comeing out but no one has it yet let me know how that spool works wish flm would start makeing parts for them i have a savge with flm stuff and great stuff or rpm thats good stuff to but we will see
    It now looks like we will never get it, because on Tower Hobbies it says discontinued. It's not even on the Latrax upgrade page anymore. If you want to see all the Latrax upgrades, here you go.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=TRAD90**&P=Z
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

packages arrived today. bearings, 2 diff set, all the aluminum axles at the wheels just gotta install them all now.
    Drag It!

Go freaking figure. The one gear that needs replaced in my front diff is the pinion gear. Guess what one year doesn't one in the rebuild kits that I bought 2 of........... Sigh..........
    Drag It!

ok........ so i got all my other upgrades in stock. all i can say is wow what a difference in how tight the steering comonets are all now. havent driven it yet due to the stripped pinion and time of day. but it seems like it will do way better now. i ordered the pinion gears i need as well as put the stripped one in the back since its way easier to get to back there.

also it seems like the links are tight on the pivot balls so after compressing suspension it doesnt want to uncompress so much. i figure ill drive it more adn hope they will loosen up. i just put 3 turns on the collars to simply get rid of the spring free play.
    Drag It!

RC Racer
    Did you strip the pinion or snap it
    I snapped the front pinion in half and none of my lhs stock any parts here in Australia so its a long wait

i stripped 2 teeth off of it. it still works...... sorta ish lol
    Drag It!

RC Racer
    Just ordered a ball diff , see how that pans out
    My front pinion clean snapped in half, another order with amain will sort it all out lol

RC poster
    This little car is awesome I've got just about all my upgrades in for it except for my solid alluimnum diffs and black wheels I've got the threaded shocks alluimnum axels and new servo arms cause my buddy ran it over with my vxl rustler so I've had that jb welded and I'm running a venom 2s 7.4 and I can't wait to have it back together once I get my new driveshaft pinion gears case I stripped the front gear but I ordered 3 sets of them

Also I noticed all the wheels felt loose so I found that putting 1 body spacer behind each hub/rotor took up a lot of play and they fit in nicely and I'm kind of curious as to how fast yours us running with the mamba micro pro cause I'm debating on going that route eventually

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    packages arrived today. bearings, 2 diff set, all the aluminum axles at the wheels just gotta install them all now.
    What is the benefit of the solid axles? Are they worth the investment? How will it affect performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Seegee911 View Post
    What is the benefit of the solid axles? Are they worth the investment? How will it affect performance?
    performance wise it doesnt really affect anything good or bad. just makes the car alot more durable just like upgrades axles on anything. plus im not running the stock brushed motor either so my axles are under alot more stress.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    So are you all up and running now 08kgraves? Looking forward to more info on that castle system, as i may well be getting one.

Which kv rating did you get? 4100, 5300 or 8200? I'm not sure which to put in mine. Hm!?...

RC Qualifier
    Also what is the part number of the front pinion that is getting stripped / snapped?

sorry i havent been on here in a while lol. but i am up and running again. then broke and now running again lol. but i have the 4100kv system and the part number for the pinion is 7578. i want to upgrade diff gears to the teton for metal. and im wondering if the pinions in them are metal to. but i think you will find that you will be happy with the setup. if you just want to run 2s maybe get the 5300kv system. i havent checked my temps at all but i need to. also need to check it to see if i can gear up at all.
    Drag It!

ok............ so after some frustration with breaking stuff and lack of performance and ect i have just made some purchases.

teton metal diff and pinion gears

teton wheel hex so i can attempt to mount larger wheels with the 12mm hex size

a new stock chassis plate to use as a template in attempt to make one of my own

and a new motor mount plate/housing since my own on car is dremelled out for the castle system in the car.

i will probably be slowly working towards building a teton as well. but i have to save money so it will be very slow lol
    Drag It!

Ok so servo saver is to weak. Who has a solution for this? Thanks. Oh and once again not even a full battery pa k before something broke........ Both rear body posts this time around...... At least its nothing serious lol
    Drag It!

some of my parts came in, time to start the tinkering soon. got my new motor mount and plate. got the stock chassis plate. my metal diff gears came as well as the teton wheel hex. so i will try and keep you guys up to date.
    Drag It!

RC Competitor
    One thing that sucks is the more we tinker with these cars the more me strip these POS screws.

Them darn SS rc screws are pricy too.

Are you using the correct size driver? I haven't had any issues. But the weather has been to nice to be in inside last two days. But a little chilly today and supposed to rain. So that being said I will be working on my rc's tonight
    Last edited by 08kgraves; 04-02-2014 at 09:21 AM.
    Drag It!

ok so a little update. i found that 1/10 on road tires are way to big to fit without extensive modifitcations. and that it looks hilarious, and yes i have pics lol. got my metal ring and pinion gears installed. i just used the plastic spider gears and outdrives. is this the correct way? i was hoping for more of an all metal gear setup in the diffs. also have a bigger pinion gear on the way to work on getting some more speed out of her.

does anyone else have recomendations as far as tire/rim combos go? with 12mm hex.
    Drag It!

So I was looking at the chassis and thinking I might just make a custom battery hold down with a modified chassis that more people could easily do. But I will probably still tinker with a custom chassis as well.
    Drag It!

Alright so were dead at work right now. On lunch I ran home and grabbed my rally to mess around with and measure some stuff.

Stock rims are measuring out to about 35mm and tires about 44.5mm. The 1/10 on road rims are about 52mm from what I have found. Now the only tires smaller I found are foam tires. So here's my question. How good are foam tires?
    Drag It!

ok another update. worked with the rally this afternoon and everything i originally thought was the problem with fitting my spc lipo in it i was wrong about. originally i thought the battery tray was just to narrow to fit the battery into. turns out the battery is exactly 1mm skinnier than the tray so it fits that way. it is taller thought which i originally thought was just an issue for the stock retainer. well turns out i was wrong again. after close inspections today i realized that the spots on upper chassis plate to hold the retainer were the issue. so after completely removing the access with a dremel the battery went in pretty easy. even easier if you removed the little post of the left side of chassis edge.

i also did a test fit and yes, after removing this material the factory retainer works perfectly with the factory battery still for those of you who are wondering. and i have been taking plenty of pics just no time to upload them right now so bear with me. next i want to make a battery hold down with 2 posts and a strap that goes the top o hold everything in place how i want.

also going to be doing a little mod soon to mount up a teton rear bumper that will stick outside of the body. this will keep my rear body mounts from snapping in half again if i slide into something backwards from a failed drift lol. also got a 16t pinion to up my top speed some more
    Drag It!

so just realized how much ive been slacking on all my threads besides just here. so here the pics that should have already been added to this thread lol

gotta get them latrax batteries charged lol

oil filled shocks for the win

i might have splurged a little lol

upgrade time

oh so perdy lol

Drag It!

and now that were up to date heres the pics for the latest shenanigans lol

diffs exposed to get some teton love

steal ring gear with the plastic spider gears

steal pinion gear with plastic out drive gears

getting ready now to modify the upper chassis plate. the parts sticking down to hold the retainer are the problem with fitting an spc lipo in there properly

this is how 1/10 on road tires fit. they just dont really lol. these are 52mm rims. i want tires that are the same size as these rims alone or just a hair smaller. but the only ones i can find so far are foam tires and i just want a rubber tread.

i nicknamed the rally as "dub edition" in this pic haha

got the access all cleaned off the upper chassis plate here

the spc lipo now fits in there supper nice. next i will be working on a seperate battery hold down that does not include the stock design.

so what you guys think about all of this?
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Looks great! How long are the shocks?
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

RC Competitor
    How do you like that way one way driveshaft. I took mine out cause it seemed to spin out to much on braking

thanks, and the shocks are just a hair longer than stock. and i mean only a hair. but unless you were to crank down the adjusters and make it ride way to stiff or put stiffer springs on it then they are not fully extended all the time like the stock ones are. they helped with handling a good bit i might also add because the car can actually roll into corners if needed.

as for the driveshaft its ok. didnt notice anything about spinning out easier or harder under any conditions. but it does make it easier to back up being able to turn the wheels without power to them.
    Drag It!

some more parts are in............. time to do some more tinkering soon
    Drag It!

well due to the lack of the amount i played with my rally i sold her today. so the funds will go towards my other rc cars. should be able to my the motor for my slash 4x4 that i want along with the esc for my e-maxx that i need as well.
    Drag It!