RC Qualifier

So Today I Jump Started My Car With My R/C Battery Charger!°

LOL! this is no joke.

So today I woke up to a dead battery in my car. Leaving the interior lights on all night tends to do that...

Anyway...No jumpers, Nobody to even Jump Start me... Only option was to call a tow truck for $55..

Decided to try this first

I connected my Hitec X1 50w Charger and after about 25mins on the Pb (lead acid) setting @ 6.0Amps she fired right up!!!! saved my life it did!!..

Pretty much the same charger as the Traxxas EZ-Peakô Plus LiPo-Compatible Balance Charger only the Traxxas is an 80w where as the Hitec is 50w. And the Traxxas can discharge at 2 amp where the hitec is only 1. The hitec is a cheaper alternative.

Makes me laugh tho... when the wife is givin you a hard time about buying that new charger you can say 'not only will it charge my rc batteries but it can also jump start the car when you forget the lights on!" lol..

LOL!

RC Competitor
    Should pick up a car battery charger or a jumper pack. Always useful to have. Pretty sweet that it started it though, I remember seeing a video on youtube some guy started his car with lipos
    Last edited by Brandonrcm; 11-12-2013 at 08:03 PM.

RC Qualifier

So Today I Jump Started My Car With My R/C Battery Charger!°

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonrcm View Post
    Should pick up a car battery charger or a jumper pack. Always useful to have. Pretty sweet that it started it though, I remember seeing a video on youtube some guy started his car with lipos
    It's funny because that was my first thought.. Thing is though is the car battery is a lead acid battery my RC charger charges lead acid batteries don't need another charger this one will work fine lol the one time a year my battery dies from my own stupidity

Traxxas has a strict language policy. A word filter operates to change inappropriate words and banned websites or brands to *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit them out, even if they appear in quoted text. You are responsible for EVERYTHING in your posts.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-12-2013 at 11:19 PM.

RC Competitor
    Yeah, I seem to have it die from my own stupidity atleast once a year as well. I actually had to go buy a new battery today for a vehicle.. haha

RC Qualifier
    I dont drive... Lol
    8 traxxas models and counting....

RC Champion
    Good job you had a power supply for the charger, What happens if you were out in the middle of a field.
    Two words "Regenerative Discharge" chargers.
    Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple