Thread: Best Hinge pins

RC Enthusiast

Best Hinge pins

Just wondering, who makes the strongest hinge pins for the 3908? I am using the lunsford titanium and they still bend. What does everyone think of the FLM hardened steel pins?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Titanium like aluminum or any other metal has grades, RC parts don't use the best titanium available because they would be crazy expensive... Titanium pins bend, titanium screws too and they also strip easily, more than steel... Funny right?
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Champion
    The flm hardened pins are pretty good but they can bend too. Some people use the plastix hardened through ejector pins but you need to have a way to secure them. Like the set screw in the flm bulks.

RC Qualifier
    What kind of driving do you do? I too was disappointed to find the Lunsford pins bend easily.

RC Enthusiast
    I like ripping around in skateboard parks right now

RC Racer
    Best thing I have used so far are Plastix ejector pins. You want 1/8 in. diameter. You need to cut them to size using a cutting wheel and put a flat spot on one end, assuming you keep the stock head on the other side. I used 1/8" wheel collar nuts for planes to secure them but the tiny grub screws strip out easily. Let me know if you find something else that works.