Thread: Motor Questions

RC Qualifier

Motor Questions

If a person has the Momba 2 ESC/2200kv motor combo, what would be a better motor (if any) that would work with the Mamba 2 ESC?

From what I understand, the only difference between a Castle 2200kv motor from Traxxas (black), and a Castle2200kv motor from Castle (green) is the color. Is this true? The reason why I ask is, my 2200kv motor from Castle has a bearing cover on the rear of it. Does the Castle 2200kv motor from Traxxas have a bearing cover too?

RC Qualifier
    Nobody loves me. I'm destined for heartache and dispair...oh, the sadness...oh, the pain.

RC Champion
    Yep. Same cover. The only differences are the color and maybe the wire lengths.

There's not too many more powerful options that drop right in. You could check out the neu 15xx series, like the 1518, 1520, or 1521. The castle motors are designed off of them. They're pretty expensive though. I'd say stick with the 1515.

RC Qualifier
    Okay, thanks for the info & I'll take a peek at those other motors.

RC Qualifier
    that combo is really good.....if anything happens to the motors....its usally the bearings....which is a simple fix....