RC poster

Angry Crashed truck help

So it broke at the bulkheads I had new ones coming today but what is this Trx piece that the bulkheads screw to on the bottom? The piece comes out the back of the truck and goes to the bumper. Back view from below Trx piece.

Thanks bois

RC Qualifier
    That's the skid plate, get an aluminum one and you won't have to worry about it anymore
    The smartest person, asks the most questions...

RC poster
    Thanks new to the hobby guess what I'm getting confused still. Isn't that an rpm skid plate under the Trx skid? Can I just use the rpm? Is metal better than plastic? I notice the Trx piece is shaped perfectly for arms to move freely and the rpm is just a square.

RC Champion
    Most people will recommend RPM bulk heads (plastic but strong and cheaper) or FLM bulk heads (aluminum). It really is just personal preference and what you use your truck for. Bashing, racing etc.

RC Competitor
    On this side of Eternity, which means Texas for now
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTony View Post
    Is metal better than plastic?
    Aluminum is going to look good, but the instant it comes into contact with any object it is going to get scratched and lose its luster. However, if you're not worried about it getting scratched then it's all good. The only downside to aluminum is that it will add weight to the vehicle (a couple pieces here and there won't add too much), and anytime you make something strong (ie: adding aluminum) the force from a crash will be transferred somewhere else.
    Plastic, though not necessarily as "cool" looking, will maintain the weight of the vehicle and more easily absorb the shock from a crash.

As mrtwohands mentioned, some of it does come down to personal preference and what the intended use will be.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTony View Post
    Thanks new to the hobby guess what I'm getting confused still. Isn't that an rpm skid plate under the Trx skid? Can I just use the rpm? Is metal better than plastic? I notice the Trx piece is shaped perfectly for arms to move freely and the rpm is just a square.
    I believe the RPM skid is made to go over the stock skidplate as a reinforcement and if you go alluminum it should go over it also.

RC Enthusiast
    i have aluminum skid plates with rpm over them. also have aluminum bulkheads and chassis braces other wise everything else is pretty much rpm plastic. tho did buy some aluminum bumpers tho prob only going to use the bumper mounts since they are blue over the black stock ones and use my rpm bumpers. call me crazy but all my aluminum parts and rpm parts are blue and the black stock bumper mounting brackets were driving me nuts lol.

with what i have one mine i only broken front a-arm on the one side but that was when it was stock plastic and when i hit a neighbors mailbox pole. havent done any jumping just running on road, thru yards or in empty field by my buddies house

RC poster
    Thanks for all the responses guys so much help. Appreciated greatly. Went with an integy skid cause it was pretty cheap at amain.. Rpm bulks arrived today glad I broke these ugly gray ones so I have a reason to put these bad boys on now.

RC Racer
    good luck with the rpm bulks, let us know how durable they are.