RC Competitor

Proline Badlands

Hey guys,

I am interested in getting a set of Proline Badlands for my Rustler. I am planning on running them the whole way round.

What would be the best size to run? 2.2" or 2.8"?

Thanks in advance!

RC Champion
    There's really not much difference. Both are around the same height, even though the wheel size is different.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jws1982 View Post
    There's really not much difference. Both are around the same height, even though the wheel size is different.
    Ok...

Are there any benefits of the different wall sizes?

Bandit/Rustler VXL Conversion - "Don't act like you're not impressed!"

RC Racer
    The 2.2 and 2.8 refers the the size of the rim the tire will still be close to the same height, with the 2.2 the truck will sit a little lower in the tire and the center of gravity will be a little lower and will reduce the rollover risk a little. however from what I have seen the badlands are so tall anyway that it isn't going to make that much of a difference either way.

RC Champion

Proline Badlands

2.2 will have a taller sidewall. If you want smaller badlands, you'd have to go with badlands SC. Those are almost an inch shorter. They use short course wheels, but the overall tire width isn't too different from the 2.2s or 2.8s.

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys

If you want to go big, I have a set of Trencher 3.8's on my Pede's that look real good. You might have to trim some off the wheel wells to make it fit. I use 4 fronts for a wider track.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    If you want to go big, I have a set of Trencher 3.8's on my Pede's that look real good. You might have to trim some off the wheel wells to make it fit. I use 4 fronts for a wider track.
    That would look sick! I'm not too interested in massive tyres I just like the Badlands!

Will the badlands cause it to no longer bottom out and in turn endanger the shocks?

RC Champion
    Actually, bottoming out protects the shocks somewhat. You want the chassis to hit ground before the shocks go to full compression.

The rustler will still bottom out with badlands on it, but don't consider that always a bad thing.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jws1982 View Post
    Actually, bottoming out protects the shocks somewhat. You want the chassis to hit ground before the shocks go to full compression.

The rustler will still bottom out with badlands on it, but don't consider that always a bad thing.
    Thanks mate, I know that it bottoms out to protect the shocks. I was just wondering if the taller tyres would prevent it from bottoming out and then breaking the shocks, but obviously not!

RC Champion
    I have the 2.8's. On a rustler, they do raise the ride height quite a bit. Their grip is unmatched on most offroad surfaces, but they do promote rollover more because of the narrow width.

After running both the 2.8's and sc versions on a rustler, i'd recommend the sc's. ....unless you specifically want the monster truck look.

RC Competitor
    I'm thinking of maybe getting the 2.2" Badlands

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I have the 2.8 and love them!
    I've came to conclusions that bashing just cost me to much money....so I redesigned my backyard track witb smaller jumos and a track styke layout.
    I soften the suspension and it corner pretty darn good imo.
    So...the roll over witb the tires are not to bad. Of course fast speed in grass it will flip.....tbe badlands grip is awsome!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by kyles974 View Post
    I have the 2.8 and love them!
    I've came to conclusions that bashing just cost me to much money....so I redesigned my backyard track witb smaller jumos and a track styke layout.
    I soften the suspension and it corner pretty darn good imo.
    So...the roll over witb the tires are not to bad. Of course fast speed in grass it will flip.....tbe badlands grip is awsome!
    They are sounding like a good idea!