RC poster
    Hi,

I am new to this and have a very weird issue:

Recently I upgraded the CVDs to steel CVDs (TRX7151X) and found out afterwards that I put the diffs too tight, so I loosen up them a bit and then they would hardly turn once it would be attached to the driveshaft. So I put it all apart and tighten the diffs just a bit, removed the dirt and still have the same issue.

Even weirder, the wheels turn fine if the front and the back are removed from the chassis. Then I thought that maybe it would be the transmission that would be the problem, but when the front and back are removed, the driveshaft runs smoothly.

When I put it all back together, the wheels and the driveshaft don't run smoothly.

Do you guys have any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

Also Im wondering, should the wheels be moving smoothly if only the front or the back is attached to the e revo?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 11-10-2013 at 05:59 PM. Reason: merge

It is a 4WD RC... all the wheels are attached to one another so there is going to be resistance.

Also, if the differential is not assembled correctly it will bind up and not function very well. I have done this a few times during diff fluid changes on mine... I found the best way for me was to slowly tighten down two of the three screws and spin the differential around when it was getting closer to snug to make sure all three of the little gears are seated into place. Leaving the third screw out for access diff fluid to squirt out before inserting the last screw.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC poster
    What kind of oil do you use?

I put some diff-lock silicone oil 30,000 wtg on the teeth outside of the diff... Wonder if that might be the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran 30k/50k/30k in it when it handled best. I also had a center differential installed.

I also ran the ring and pinion dry. The bulkhead is not sealed so grease/oil + dirt = sandpaper like goo that wears parts FAST.

I would not consider 30K to be anywhere near diff-lock thickness. I run 500K in my MT4 center and it is not locked up!
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC poster
    Thanks, it turned out the front diff was in the opposite direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Ya been there done that.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Champion
    There is a screw that holds the bottom part of the rear bumper in. If you screw it in too far it grinds agenst the rear diff ring. I believe it is the one on the left side. Try backing it out a bit.

lipo power!!!!!
    1:16 Slash VXL
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Yes, try that. I was having the exact same problem. Backing the screw out just a little fixed it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    MERV, Broken Alias.