RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar

Brand new tqi/docking base quit working! >:0

I have a brand new tqi/docking base that has been used 4 or 5 times over two weeks.

Using it today, and quit working. No light, nothing.

Okay, need new batteries. Get new batteries, still nothing. I cut it off and shook the transmitter and then it powered on. It still would not link to the truck, though, and the link app did not recognize being hooked up to the radio. Turned it off and haven't gotten a thing out of it since.

I bought this off eBay, but he's still in pack. Is there any warranty service on these?

All umpteen of my old am tq radios always worked like a charm...

Edit to say I bought this off eBay, but it was still new in pack.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 11-07-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Racer
    Call Traxxas to determine what they'll cover under warranty. They replaced mine under warranty after a firmware parade failed, but it still cost me $12 in shipping and a 2 week wait for the replacement.

Better to get a new one for 12$!

Any ideas on what may have happened? I took the cover off the side and unplugged/ replugged the little harnesses to no avail.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    It seems to be a somewhat common issue with the TQi...

Call Traxxas.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

I have an email en route.

RC Racer
    Seems to me the TQi with the iPod docking bay can sometimes fail after the system attempts to upgrade the transmitter and/or receiver. Something buggy with the way the TQi flashes its EPROM during the upgrade I guess. It may fail even with fresh batteries installed, but more likely to fail if the batteries are not fresh on the upgrade. I turn off the option to upgrade in the Traxxas link preference section and make sure the ipod/phone doesn't have an internet connection so it can't even try to upgrade or download anything. Sorta sad Traxxas can't get this right.

Well it was on an iPod with no internet access when it quit on me. I used it for maybe an hour at the track, stopped to work on something, grabbed the radio and the truck didn't move. Then I noticed the light wasn't on. Shook it a few times and got to come on but it still would not link up or even pair with the iPod. It was going to cost me over 50$ to repair, so I ordered one off of dollar hobbyz. If it crashes I'll look to the aftermarket.