RC Qualifier

Things look good for Rally racing!!!

Another manufacturer has jumped in to the Rally game Hopefully this will mean Rally racing will catch on in a big way

I hope that either Traxxas or RPM will release a better designed front bumper, something with a little better off road capability. That is really my only complaint with the Rally
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

RC Qualifier
    Have you tried the tbone racing bumper?

Speaking of rpm has anyone tried the new two piece front bulkhead? Reviews??

I order one but my rally build has not started yet. Still collecting parts.

RC Qualifier
    The T Bone bumper will not be good for offroad. Typically if you land a jump nose down with the Rally, the lower part of the bumper digs in, almost like a shovel. I really like the Rally, but am running it as a slash due to the track being geared more towards 1/8, and the slash handles it better due to the front bumper design. If they come out with a bumper that is more offroad friendly, it will be back to a Rally immediately.

RC Competitor
    We have had a pretty good rally series here this year. It was basically a spec class. I agree with you on the front bumper. Something that rolls up a little further would be nice but in spec were all sealing with the same issues.

I've just messed around with oil to get the rally to fly slightly nose up (most of the time). It's also really easy to control in the air with the throttle so I'm not complaining too much.

Who has a new rally car out?

RC Champion
    What about cutting the front part of the slash 4x4 bumper off until it fits behind the rally body, then trimming up the front of the rally body a little?

RC Qualifier
    Basher1- Not sure if I can say the name of the manufacturer on this forum, but it is one of the larger ones that has what is probably considered the best sc out right now, at least for racing. I myself, prefer the Traxxas since I know if I leave it on the shelf for a while and take a long break, it will still be easy to get parts for

jws1982- I thought about that, and maybe a stampede bumper also. Body mounts might be an issue though, at least with using a stock body since the holes wouldn't line up. Hate to buy a new body and have extra holes My issue is with the lower bumper plate, as it become a shovel and can accumulate lots of debris between the lower skid plate and the foam bumper.

RC Champion
    I would just trim the foam and slightly trim the body.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    I would just trim the foam and slightly trim the body.
    That has nothing to do with the issue of the lower skid plate digging in.