RC Competitor

6s brushless esc

What is a good waterproof esc that can run 6s. I don't want the mamba monster 2 since it is so expensive and I have heard of them catching fire.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    If you're looking for waterproof then I think the MM2 is the best option. Going cheaper and running 6S is more likely to catch on fire than a Castle Creations ESC.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Qualifier
    This is like the third thread you started about the same question. If you don't want to run a castle MMM, get a HK, XErun, toro, viper plenty of 1/8 Esc to choose.

RC Qualifier
    If your so against Castle (which I run) try a Tekin system and waterproof it yourself like I did.
    To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

RC Qualifier
    Viper might be a good choice, 1/8th waterproof and looks like it will last.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog325 View Post
    What is a good waterproof esc that can run 6s. I don't want the mamba monster 2 since it is so expensive and I have heard of them catching fire.

That's like saying "I don't want a car because I have heard of them catching fire". Any ESC runs that risk.

RC Qualifier
    I had 2 Castle ESCs die/catch fire within 15 minutes of each other, so yeah, i would say they catch fire pretty easily.

On the other hand I also read a lot about Tekin ESCs catching fire, that's why i'm looking into viper at the moment.

RC Competitor
    Not a huge fan of Castle thats why I call them Castle Cremations. I run a Team Orion R8 pro that I waterproofed myself. Have not had a problem for a little over a year.

RC Qualifier
    I'm a big fan of castle products, I've been in the hobby for 10 yrs and never had one catching fire. Actually have three MMM running on different trucks without issues. Even if they burned out, they have a flat rate repair service, not all the manufacturer have that.

RC Competitor
    Just so you know I am not against castle by any means. Heck, I am getting their motor.

But any ways...

I am a bit low on $$$ and to get something so expensive and have it break without the company wanting to give a equal amount of a replacement sucks. I have heard that castle is great with the Warranty and stuff. Has anyone bought the product off of eBay new? Do they ask for proof of purchase when trying to get the warranty?

I am getting a erevo roller and want to have that possibility for 6s. Is it worth the extra money?

RC Qualifier
    I have sent my Castle ESC(new) bought of Ebay to Castle last week. I just added my ebay invoice, so we'll see what they do with that.

RC Champion
    I believe warranty repairs have to be accompanied by a receipt from an authorized dealer. Otherwise the warranty wouldn't apply. A lot of the stores on eBay that sell them new are authorized dealers.