RC poster

What wt oil in diffs for track setup?

Hey guys picked up a merv a few days ago brought it to the track and it was really unstable. Couldn't keep the front wheels on the ground. I got the suspension set up pretty decent. So i picked up a center diff and also while im at it im going to redo the oil in the other two diffs. My main question is does any one have any good setups on oil for fr ct rear diffs to keep the front on the ground and also be able to move threw turns pretty good w/o rolling over? And also how much fluid do you put in the diffs this is my first. 4wd so not to sure on what to do ive just been goin crazy on a 2wd slash. So any help will b greatly appreciated. Also any other advice on how to make it hook up nasty at the track would b awesome to. Thx in advance guys hope to talk to ya soon.

RC Racer
    Stock it has 50k in the front and 30k in the rear. I know that 50k in both pushes a little bit much for loose dirt. I have center diff also. Don't remember where I saw it, but I know that there's a oneway diff for the trans out there.

RC poster
    How full do u fill the center diff?

RC Qualifier
    Dont overfill, a little less is way better then too much as that will only get sqeezed out through the sealings and make a mess in the tranny case.
    Keep the spider gears covered when horizontal, that should be enough.

I run 30K/500K/30K.

edit: For track use i would look a mini-pin tires like the Traxxas Response Pro TRA7173, or s/t like that.
    Suitable tires will impact driving performance more than diff oil.
    Last edited by CMD-J; 11-06-2013 at 12:35 PM.

RC poster
    Ya i got the mini pins and im running just stock fluids

RC Competitor
    I have not dug into mine to put new diff oil in, but here is my thread with what I did for a track MERV. Love it so far, just have not used it as much as I hoped I would.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...cing-mini-Revo