RC Competitor

Summit lighting options

Howdy, looking for ideas for lighting. Does anyone know of a control module that would allow me to control the lights remotely without having to buy a 5 channel radio?
    Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    It depends on what you want to do. If you want turn signals and brake lights there are kits that don't require extra channels check ebay. However stock radio you 'could' splice into the transmission and diff lock channels on the Rx. For example your lights would turn on or off when you're in low or high gear etc...

RC Competitor
    I think you maybe able to use a light controller made by Killer RC he makes kill switches and light controllers for 1/5 scales. I contacted him on another forum and he told me he's had some people do it and was going to find out just how they did it. I'm going to look into it more for when my summit shows up.

RC Competitor
    so far I know you can use the killer rc light controller and have brake lights and turn signal head lights on but if you have an aux channel you could have all of its functions hi-low head lights, lights on-off and a hand full of strobe options. I don't have my summit yet so is there an aux channel on the tx or are all 4 channels used could you use one channel and just lock both front and rear diffs at the same time.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    All channels are being used in a stock Summit in stock form... the only way to free anything up is to start making some sacrifices in operation... like having low gear also lock both differentials. Then you would have two half channels opened up with 4 and 5.

Channel 5 is not operational without channel 4 being active too.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    thanks for the info jimmie so you would have to give up something. I was hoping I could just use one channel and lock the two differentials at the same time. Kent from Killer rc gave me the guy's name that installed one on his summit just waiting to hear back and see how he did his.

RC Competitor
    I might give the "combining low gear with the lockers" a try. I would think theres a system out there that has a key fob type of thingy that one could use for control.