RC poster

Looking for a Rollcage that fits with sway bars and chassis brace

Hey everyone,

After destroying my stock body and a cooling fan, I am in the market for a rollcage that will work with my sway bar and Torx chassis brace.

I searched the previous threads but was not able to find a rollcage that meets both of my requirements. Any assistance will be appreciated.
    Last edited by EvoX-11; 11-02-2013 at 11:20 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Ouch! The discontinued New Era eRevo rollbar, pn: TSM910 will work - just got one off eBay. It clears my Techno sway bars. I could still run one chassis brace through the center of the 2 rear shocks. And this rollbar will help to stiffen the body on its own. Pretty light for a rollbar at 162g.

Some pics below that I'm borrowing from member Tectic - he has one on his Bulldog Revo: http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...dog-revo/page2

Last edited by deanwrx; 11-03-2013 at 09:32 AM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by deanwrx View Post
    Ouch! The discontinued New Era eRevo rollbar, pn: TSM910 will work - just got one off eBay. It clears my Techno sway bars. I could still run one chassis brace through the center of the 2 rear shocks. And this rollbar will help to stiffen the body on its own. Pretty light for a rollbar at 162g.
    Dean,

Thank you for your response. I see that it is made of steel, how does this effect its performance. Have you tested yours? Does it withstand to the upside down landings without getting bent? I don't want to replace the cage due to being bent after 4-5 harsh landings.

Finally, since this stiffens the chassis, would I not need the chassis brace anymore?
    Last edited by EvoX-11; 11-03-2013 at 12:49 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Hey EvoX - I just got it so I haven't tested it yet. If you run it with a body, I think it will withstand pretty much anything (within reason). I would not trust it without a body - my concern would not be the rollbar breaking, but rather objects hitting sensitive parts on the Revo.

I'm not sure if it can replace the rear chassis brace - maybe? lol - its made of tubular metal and the OD is 9.8mm. So its pretty thick. If you're really concerned about bracing the chassis or rigidity, do both.