RC Enthusiast

Outsmarted by electronics. Need help

Ok so I just got everything reassembled with new parts and installed Mamba Monster 2. During testing the receiver actually stopped working. to their credit traxxas sent me a new receiver. Now I have run into problem in a grand fashion. I need to bind the new receiver to the transmitter (easy enough you would think) but here is the problem. I need to simultaneously bind the transmitter to the receiver and the the transmitter/receiver to the new mamba esc. Both have a bind process, but I can not seem to get them to work. If anyone can help with a step by step, it would be much appreciated.
    It is a weekend and I desperately want to get this thing running. Anticipating neither traxxas nor castle creations will be able to help both sides of this problem.
    Thanks in advance!

Do you have the EVX still?if so link the tx Rx with that.then install the mamba and calibrate that one

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

I have never had to simultaneously bind and calibrate Tx, Rx, and ESC. Why do you believe this is necessary?
    I would bind the radio components, then calibrate the ESC to the Tx. If you feel the need, you can then re-bind the Tx to the Rx.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast
    I sold the Evx2 already. Things I have tried:
    1)I plugged in the reciever from my mini revo, bound the summit remote to it and then synced the mamba up to it. So that worked.
    2) Then I took the mini revo receiver back out and plugged in the brand new from traxxas receiver for summit. I plugged in the mamba esc to it. Went through binding process to bind the transmitter to summit receiver. With the mamba esc plugged in the transmitter will not bind. Transmitter light goes red after turning it on with set button pressed as it should. Holding down link button next on receiver, turn on mamba esc. Reciever light stays red, rather then switching to green. No bind.
    3) Plugged in mini revo esc to summit receiver, and it binds just fine.
    I am really stuck on this one

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    ESC's don't bind to receivers... they calibrate to them.

Receivers can be bound to controllers with a simple 4AA pack... the old fashioned Rx packs from back in the day:

Even your ESC without being calibrated will feed the Rx the 6 volts it needs to bind. Just be sure to unhook the motor cables or move the motor away from the spur gear.

Once the receiver is bound, it does not need to be rebound... that is permanent until it gets erased.

Once the receiver is bound, calibrating the ESC should be a snap. However, I have had issues in the past when I forgot to reverse the throttle channel... have you tried that yet?
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok I figured it out. Bad steering servo. Unplug servo, was able to bind transmitter and calibrate the esc. Now I am in search of some better servos, as this is now the third one to go bad.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Those pesky servos... all kinds of electrical havoc!

Is this for steering?
    What is your budget?

There are "no-name" servos that do the job for about $20 all the way up to name brand for about $100 or more.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    2075 ....again.