Thread: Venom

RC Racer

Venom

Are venom lipos any good?
    Proud Summit Owner

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I read of a lot of complaints on them... I would say no.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Ok thanks!
    Proud Summit Owner

RC Racer
    I use 2 Venom 2S 40C 5000 mAh. Run em in my UL-1 Hydroplane, Shockwave V hull, Summit, and ERBE. They work just fine. The only reason I chose them over others is I need the universal plug to allow me to switch between EC3, Deans, and Traxxas plugs. I haven't had any problems with them.

You will probably better off sticking with Traxxas in the long run. They have a good warranty and also offer low cost replacement.

RC Racer
    SPC make good lipos at a good price

I am surprised that the Venoms would be chosen for that horrible travesty of a connector. The issue with them losing contact is well documented on the forum. I have witnessed it first-hand also.
    Alt-241 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    I run 2 2S 50c 5000s in my Summit and love them. I run a 3S 50c 5000 in my Slash. I love these batteries and are always my first goto brand when I am shopping for a new battery. All of them have the universal connection and I have never experienced a problem.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I am surprised that the Venoms would be chosen for that horrible travesty of a connector. The issue with them losing contact is well documented on the forum. I have witnessed it first-hand also.
    Those were the subject matter of most of the complaints... that and puffing under loads that should have been no sweat.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

There is little doubt in my mind that Venom C-ratings are overly optimistic.
    Alt-241 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    So far haven't had any problems with connectors coming loose. On the contrary, they're very difficult to get off. Have switched back and forth between Traxxas, Deans, and EC3 connectors without problems. Charge good. I anticipated Venom probably having over optimistic ratings so went with 40C to match Traxxas 25C. They stay around ambient on my trucks, get warm on my boats as expected.