RC Qualifier

QR-1 Flight Characteristics

Hello

I recently bought a QR-1 to replace my dying v939 quadcopter. After flying to QR-1 for a few flights, I am noticing that it limits the angle that the quad can tilt at, even in advanced mode. It is very annoying because whenever I try to fly fast I have to slow down over a long period of time because I can't make quick maneuvers. Is this a problem with my quad or do they all limit the angle of the quad during normal flight, even in advanced mode? It didn't say anything about this in the description on the Traxxas site.

Thanks, Zane
    Brushless Summit!!!!!
    Slash 4x4

I think you have something limiting yours, whether it needs to be re calibrated or the setting in the radio changed I am not sure. I know mine angles pretty steeply and maneuvers very quickly as does my son's.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Traxxas Employee
    Have you tried doing a stabilization reset? Set all of your trims to zero and use the instructions on page 13 of the manual.

Use the link below as reference:

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...R00-121009.pdf

RC Qualifier
    I tried resting all settings on the transmitter, including a stabilization reset on the quadcopter. Same angle limitation even in expert mode. I called Traxxas and the person that I spoke to told me that yes, it will limit the maximum angle the quadcopter can lean at during normal flight (meaning either mode on TX but not currently doing a flip). The quadcopter is still fun to fly, but I sure wouldn't buy another one. Cheapo $40 quads from china are able to be set to not limit angle.

Thanks for the help, Zane
    Brushless Summit!!!!!
    Slash 4x4