RC Qualifier

Is a brushless e-revo for me?

So i bought 5 RC cars in a job lot today, and only get to keep one. Amongst them, the beast: brushless e-revo with plenty of upgrades. The only thing holding me back from keeping it, is that i don't have much time or money for repairs / upgrades, though i do enjoy it when i get round to it. That is why so far i only have a stampede and 1/16 rally and 1/16 e-revo because they are reliable, small and easy / inexpensive to repair.

Basically my question is, can a e-revo be a low-maintenance,fun, basher? Or i am in for a load of 'replace this, then this, then this...'

We're moving to a flat, too, so not sure how to store the beast.

Thanks for your advice!?...

RC poster
    Parts for the 1/10 E Revo aren't that expensive. I have everything from the chassis up, extra shocks, a-arms, rockers and all that. It's really affordable to repair. Upgrades on the other hand can be spendy. The thing doesn't need much though. If you want more speed go 6s. Then you might start breaking things. I run mine on 6s and have only broken a-arms. If they "touch" something at full throttle, well, you know that story. It really is so much fun though, such a powerful truck. Once you've got it set up the way you want, if you have decent throttle control, it shouldn't break down on you.

where you drive has as much to do with what you drive. If you have a place to run a 1/8 at speed I would keep the BL Revo.
    Dare I say it....Most broken parts come down to driver error.... Stick with 2/2s.. gear it for upper 40's 20/54, and enjoy all the places it can go that a 1/16 can not.....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Good advice. Okay i may hang on to it for a bit, and see if it 'convinces' me! It's got loads of upgrades, so i'm okay in that department.

It comes with 4x 3s batteries, so obviously it was begin run on 6s. Would rather do 4s if it is still powerful but doesn't brake as much. Will have to experiment. Cheers guys...

RC Racer
    The 1/8 and 1/10 will better handle terrain that the 1/16ths can't handle. ERBE big, powerful, fast, and fun, but needs space to run. I run mine on 2 3s and only break things if I run into something at full throttle -- hit a curb at 54mp and broke toe link, servo gears, and disconnected drive train. $13 later and I'm back in operation. Did a horizontal spin hitting a curb while getting up to 50 mph, but didn't break anything ... lucky. At rapid accel and decel, sometimes it starts tearing the tire off the wheel ... nothing a little CA can't fix.

Other than that, I haven't yet destroyed the diff or anything else ... the key ... a some restraint and good throttle management by not always hammering the throttle and running at high speed. I just play around at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle for the most part. Just because the thing can get up to 50 mph or more doesn't mean you always have to drive it that way. You can adjust the thing so it doesn't have that much punch or if you have the Traxxas Link app, put it in trainer mode and limit the throttle.

The ERBE with MMM is not waterproof, so if you intend to run in water, beware. If you don't care for the speed and run all terrain, then the full sized Summit is the way to go.
    Last edited by Dementor; 11-02-2013 at 09:42 AM.

RC Qualifier
    1/16 are fun to mess around, but you will get bored fast, and soon you will want something bigger, erevo is not that expensive to maintain, upgrades might be, but I've put more money upgrading a mini erevo that I had on my big erevo.