Thread: Rally Tires?

Rally Tires?

Hey guys, I have few questions for you Rally owners. How are the stock BFGoodrich tires? Are they good on pavement and dirt/gravel? How long do they last? I tired to find an answer, but I couldn't find a good response. Also, would the Rally tires fit on stock Slash 4x4 rims? Thanks for all the help guys!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    A little bit smaller... (103mm, Slash 110mm)
    They wear down pretty quickly on pavement...
    Yes, they fit on SC rims.
    Rally
    Slash 4x4 Platinum x2
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

RC Champion
    Are you thinking of putting them on your sl4sh?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

Are you thinking of putting them on your sl4sh?
    LOL, your close. My friend wants to put them on his Slash 4x4. So, are they good on dirt and off road stuff? He's worried about having them wear down really quick.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    LOL, your close. My friend wants to put them on his Slash 4x4. So, are they good on dirt and off road stuff? He's worried about having them wear down really quick.
    I have heard of them going bald in one pack, so it is a dirt only tire... I believe they are s1 compound though so they should be decent on dirt...
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Competitor
    On this side of Eternity, which means Texas for now
    The BFG's will last for quite a while if run on NiMh or a 2s LiPo. If you keep it on pavement (or should we say tarmac since it's a Rally) and run it on 3s they will still last for a while, just not quite as long as NiMh or 2s LiPo. Now, if you or your friend are planning on doing a lot of hard launching and braking on pavement with a lot of donuts then expect them to wear down at a faster rate.
    And if you run the tires with the Castle MMM system installed using 6s, and run it really hard, then they can be gone through within 1-3 battery packs easily.

Ultimately, driving style and the surface conditions (combined with battery, motor, ESC combo) will dictate just how long the tires will last. Personally, I've had a lot of success with the tires (with all the above listed combos) running on dirt, gravel and pavement.

RC poster
    I burned through the factory tires pretty fast. Its such an easy mashine to get sideways and drift up a storm. A total blast to drive. I dont think the stock tires are S1. When I went looking for new tires I couldn't find green the, lhs just had white. They specifically said S1 on the ones I got and I've seen green since and says nothing about S1? Also , the s1 tires I have now are harder to drift with