RC poster

posi trac or constant velocity

is there any way to get my rear end to give constant velocity output to both rear wheels, cause it bugs me when one wheel is off the ground and all the power goes to it. I am aware of the issues posi presents with the rear end sliding due to both wheels spinning, so I guess my real question is there any way to have constant velocity to both sides, and posi is my last resort

RC Champion
    You could lock the diff or put heavier wt fluid in it.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    this is what i was looking at doing a while back, i decided i didn't need to so haven't tried it yet.

but here is a link to the discussion i was reading on using different things to lock the diff. - http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/t...diff-lock.html
    Let's Get Dangerous - "DWD"

RC Competitor
    If your racing on dirt I would lock it out, on hard pack or carpet it wouldnt turn real great. I 2nd the heavier diff grease, just dont run it in your living room as some leaks out over time and your wife may not be pleased with a silicone grease spot whoops

RC Qualifier
    James,
    You really don't want to lock the diff you just want to find the thickest lubricant you can find that will stay fluid. I personally use Dow Corning's 111 Valve lubricant. Its some sticky stuff but still flows. the next battle is finding a way to keep the lubricant inside of the diff. There are a few aftermarket sealed diffs available and someone did a write up on how to seal the stock diff. I just purchased the one from hot racing and have been very happy with it.
    My wife hates it but I love It.

RC poster
    I sealed my stock diff by following this video on Youtube. Cost me about $10 in parts because I had to buy the counter-sink drill bit and some rubber O-rings. Currently I'm running 60,000 wt Diff Oil with NO LEAKS! I have the VXL System with a 2S Lipo. and while I can finally accelerate in a straight line, I still get some one wheel wonders on tight turns. I'm going to pull it back apart this weekend and try some 200,000 wt to see if that solves my issues.

RC Qualifier

Quote Originally Posted by dontlift19 View Post
    If your really that concerned imo a locker is a bad road to travel, the above mentioned bad horsie will do the job well.
    I also would give franklins94talon's idea a go.
    I put 300,000 in this racing only diff only to find to much locking going on.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    However if a near locker is your goal the bad horsie will be your friend.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC poster
    ok I will try the really thick greace

RC Qualifier
    lucus oil red n tacky is pretty thick and reliable, I would try that.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    The goal of your question is to stop the inside, unloaded tire from "diffing out". You have 2 choices. Locked or limited slip.

To lock it you could use a locker:
    http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...er=TE125;c=470

The pros:

Great in a slower truck for bashing on very loose surfaces. Example would be a stock xl5 pede or 380 "finned" 540 bl motors.
    Cannot diff out.
    Can help you get over big obstacles for climbing purposes.

The cons:
    Causes havok with the drive line with anything more powerful than the mildest bl combos.
    Cannot diff out.
    Can cause the truck to be very "quirky" and unstable over rough terrain under power.

Now on to the good part... Limited Slip Positraction is the Chevy "Brand" of a limited slip differential. In these trucks, the Stock diff can be sealed.

Here is a very good thread from DR I that will show you the how to:
    http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=116675

Or, you could buy an FLM or Hot Racing sealed diff:

http://www.fastlanemachine.net/prodd...LM20010&cat=17
    http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...r=TE38CH;c=430

Pros:
    Minutely adjustable by mixing diff oils. I have seen 2000 wt through 1,000,000wt diff fluids.
    You can easily tune your truck to turn more or less under heavy power or breaking.

Cons:
    Higher maintenance than the stock diff.
    Higher cost than a stock sealed diff, the flm is the lesser value of all and so far seems less durable from the threads I have seen. Do your own research there.
    The HR needed its case screws sealed, but has been sweet since in cunawarit's bandit racer thread in the rusty forum.

The ability to adjust your diff to handle a traction range from carpet through snow is priceless 8))
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    James don't put grease in. Grease will just pack to the sides and your spider gears will still role freely. You need a silicone that will flow with in the diff.
    My wife hates it but I love It.