RC poster

Cool Just ordered my mini summit vxl

Does anyone have any good hop up ideas for this truck besides rpm arms and traxxas turn buckles and push rods? I was looking to spend no more than 150$
    Thanks for your help

RC Champion
    I would recommend some SPC 2s 2500mah lipo batteries, they are the best and they will give you a way longer run time than stock.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Racer
    A set of merve axles because the stock summit ones are very weak.
    Blue 1/16 summit vxl crawler

RC Champion
    If you want to keep the wheelbase and long travel suspension...don't get the RPM arms.
    The rear RPM arms will shorten your wheelbase by about 3/8".
    I'd have to agree to use the money for SPC 2s batteries and factory replacement merv axles(and just replace them as you break the stock Summit axles).

I'd also suggest a wheelie bar...though if you go with the stock Traxxas one...it's pretty flimsy when mounted to the stock bumper supports.
    I used a modified merv wing mount to install the wheelie bar and also triommed the rear bumper to clear the wheelie bar.
    I had to make a small notch in the back of the body to clear the mount but it was barely visible and didn't look bad.

The wing mount isn't modified yet in this pic...I shaved the top of the mount off because it wasn't needed.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Competitor
    Drive shafts for sure and A-arms. 2s lipo is enough. You should probably shim your diff. Possibly a steering servo. I think the stock tires are pretty nice for all around bashing

RC Racer
    I'd get trencher tires

RC Qualifier
    T-Bone skids/bumpers, SHIM DIFFS, and center differetail to handle the power of those awesome SPC lipos! Also I reccoemnd the Summit's LED kit:
    PM for info.....