RC Qualifier

looking for a cheap summit

I really want a summit but they are so darn expensive! Does anyone know where to get a cheaper one? Thanks
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CBD55 View Post
    I really want a summit but they are so darn expensive! Does anyone know where to get a cheaper one? Thanks
    Pm sent. .

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    There one in the marketplace right now for $285. It doesn't get much cheaper than that as far as Summits go if you are looking to get in one for as little $ as possible. I was searching for a while too and just scored one on eBay with the Mamba Monster for $380. It was just what I was looking for.

Just like with everything, you will get what you pay for...unless you can can stumble upon a crazy Craigslist or eBay deal. In that case, you just have to keep looking actively until you find what you want, but be prepared for it to take a while.
    Father: 1/10 Summit Mamba | Son: 1/16 Summit VXL

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsheasby View Post
    There one in the marketplace right now for $285. It doesn't get much cheaper than that as far as Summits go if you are looking to get in one for as little $ as possible. I was searching for a while too and just scored one on eBay with the Mamba Monster for $380. It was just what I was looking for.

Just like with everything, you will get what you pay for...unless you can can stumble upon a crazy Craigslist or eBay deal. In that case, you just have to keep looking actively until you find what you want, but be prepared for it to take a while.
    Yeap, takes some time... I"ve got mine for 225 locally. newer model and nimh batterys(4 months old). rear diff clicking...

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Who isnt?

I am gonna buy new and pay the piper.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    I ordered a brand new one with lipos from my LHS and the next day a buddy sold me his for 150 bucks. It came with about that much in new parts still in the bags, roof light kit, and cooling fan

RC Racer
    You'll have to lurk on Ebay, Craigslist, and the For Sale section of forums ready to paypal somebody the money. Best of luck. I Paid $670 at my local hobby shop for a new one, I'm poor and I stopped thinking about how I overpayed a long time ago. I guess I'm too busy stressing, waiting for payday to come so buy my repair parts. lost an axle pin today crawling a fishing trail around the lake today.
    Brushless 19/62 SPC 8.2 It's not a Tekin or a MM

looking for a cheap summit

There is one in the market place right now.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    Tower has them for $485 new if you are a member. Or theres one pretty cheap left on the mp.
    Land of the free?

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys sorry for not replying earlier

RC Qualifier
    I live in NH and there is not much craigslist activity. I'm only 13 so I don't have a credit card for paypal so ebay is out.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Be patient. A friend of mine is very interested in a summit. He's been window shopping CL, and we have found several nice rtr summits with no issues, some with extras, for around 300$. They're out there
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Quote Originally Posted by CBD55 View Post
    I live in NH and there is not much craigslist activity. I'm only 13 so I don't have a credit card for paypal so ebay is out.
    For 3$ you can load a wal mart debit card for using paypal. You do not need to link a bank account until you have spent $10,000...
    You should be good for years.

EDIT: Also, at my local convenience stores, there are loadable paypal cards, which is even easier than using a debit card.
    Last edited by rag6; 11-15-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???