RC Racer

Rally VXL & Mustang

Hi guys,

Two questions -
    1. Can a Rally VXL out of the box drift? or does it require upgrades and adjustments (like tires and diff changes)?
    2. The Ford Mustang 302 is just a body? discontinued product? or did I just miss it somewhere?

Thanks,

Barak.

RC Qualifier
    1. The tyres that it comes with are part grip / part drift, meaning it will do a bit of grip driving and a bit of drifting in turns etc. If you want a proper setup drift car, i would suggest a different car altogether, but if, like me, you want to do some grip driving (with the right tyres) and some drifting (with the right tyres) it is a good fun solid car.

2. Yes the only difference i believe is body mounts, and body shell, and a slight difference in the front foam. I decided to go for a mustang shell on my rally (among others..)

RC Racer
    Well, to be exact I have a MERV and I'm considering converting it to the rally for sometime since I'd like to try some drifting (not professional just for fun).... Which got me thinking if after I get to the rally check mark would I need some extra parts.

RC Qualifier
    Oh i see. Well just some drift wheels / tyres would get you going!

RC Qualifier
    Here's mine in drift mode!

RC Qualifier
    Oh and where are you based? I've got some rally conversion parts.

RC Racer
    SWEET dude, I'm was at my work place so I didn't see the pictures (they were blocked)... You have one sweet ride! and an awsome body collection! you did the painting?

Sadly I'm a bit far away, I'm in Israel... Wish I was closer, I'd come by for sure.
    Last edited by barakhav; 10-30-2013 at 01:09 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Cheers! I've been to Israel, loved it! Yeah painted myself All the best making your drifter..

RC Racer
    If you ever come here again, send a message and bring your Rally with you, would be fun to race.

oh and BTW - you should consider painting and selling bro, your doing an awesome job and I'll buy one for sure.

RC Qualifier
    Ha! to be honest its the most fun part for me. I don't do really good airbrush paint jobs like some people, i just keep it simple, but i like doing it. I'm toying with selling the Camaro body (unused as yet) but reckon the postage to Israel would be killer!!

RC Racer
    If you can check the amount it would cost for regular shipping it would be cool and i might just take it haha

those bodies fit right in on the mini rally? or do you need a different body mounts and\or front foam?

RC Qualifier
    Think you need different posts on the front, and to trim slightly the rear ones.(or at least that's how i did it). Used the same foam bumper. Have PM'd you about shipping costs.

RC Racer
    Hi bro, something is wrong with my PMs... If you could please pm me ur email or FB of be glad.
    Thanks

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cossack4 View Post
    That looks great! What wheels are those?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Racer
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/4PCS-RC-1-10...item3f22418c24

Those.

But he's are HPI original.

RC Racer
    From my recent rally to boss experience, the boss body mounts right on. Front bumper, body mounts are all the same. Just had to lower rear body mounts to fit...