Thread: Easy Lights?

RC Racer

Easy Lights?

Hey guys, I run mostly in the dark this time of year and need lights. I have thought about the summit lights but was wondering about other options people have done. I want the lights attached to the chassis not the body (for ease)

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Right now i am on the market and making my own led lights for all my rc's! It's fun riding them at night and leds are a must!
    You can buy the packs done... maybe around 10euros or could make your own for less then 0.50€.

If going the diy route:
    -Just buy the 5mm leds white leds (100pieces cost around 2 to 3 euros if coming from Hong Kong)
    -Put one resistor of 100ohm or 120ohm between + or - of on each led and plug to a jst plug and plug to the rx! done!
    (resistor's are even more cheap then leds)
    If wire then directly to the baterys you need to have another resistor's because of the diferent voltage's (2s,3s,4s,5s,6s).
    If going for the complete pack:
    -Could check the GT Power leds... they have simple packs from front white leds to complete kits that even have turn signs when you turn left or right!

Hope that helps.
    Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by 04zrx View Post
    Hey guys, I run mostly in the dark this time of year and need lights. I have thought about the summit lights but was wondering about other options people have done. I want the lights attached to the chassis not the body (for ease)

Thanks
    Last edited by targetingxmod; 10-29-2013 at 07:37 AM.

RC Racer
    thanks for the option. I didn't really want to make my own tho. I was hoping for some bolt on options.

RC Racer
    Look at my lights using existing parts in this thread

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...Summit-bumpers

I recently bought LED light strips for underbody lighting and strip lighting on my V-hull boat:

LED Strip light, Waterproof LED Flexible Light Strip 12V with 300 SMD LED, 3258 16.4 Foot / 5 Meter
    $9.60 off Amazon. These are powered direct off the battery

Minimum voltage 7 volts, max around 12. Direct wired to 2s and 3s Lipo which runs the trucks. The 5V from the traxxas receiver is not enough to power these unfortunately. These have to be cut and soldered to get em to work.
    Last edited by Dementor; 10-29-2013 at 09:47 PM.

RC Racer
    Dementor: thanks, I have an old summit front and rear bumper and I bought new lights to put in them, so for the winter months I think that is what I'll do run the Summit bumpers. Good looking rig.