Yet Anouther Build Completed/Bro-in-law bit by the bug/Newest Hobby Store EMPLOYEE...

Hey guys,

Yup.. In one weekend, busted out yet another build. This one isn't "all hooked up" like my other main builds, as it isn't mine, and isn't nearly completed just yet.... This truck, was my stock Stampede, and I gave it to my brother in law as he recently got bit by the bug.. hard. Now he is excited to have his own truck, and I am excited to have a member of my family into this hobby as well to share with. Plus driving two trucks at a time, is so much fun.

So it started when My bro in law purchased a RC mini-heli, than expressed major interest in the land part of the hobby, came over to throw in some wrench time and learn, and came over with his first painted body, and ordered a Tacon Motor, and SPC batteries under my advice. I supplied him with the Truck as his, and a Remote n Charger to use to get him started. Saturday he came over, and we started wrenching away. Excellent time. Took my Stock XL-1 with AM radio, and took the truck apart, and replaced with better hardware.. Turned out awesome, and he's way excited. Just gotta get him to post here, although he has seem may threads.

Results:

Note: Yes I know the fronts are backwards It was late, and they got thrown on, and we had to sneak some pics real quick, before any damages to the body

** As for the body, This is a replica of our work trucks. I am a Union Painter/Commercial & Industrial and we both work at the same location. So this is also the same work trucks I am in daily. The results turned out fantastic, and he is super excited to get his truck to brushless specs, and get going. He had previously driven mine, and jumped straight into brushless. Until the Tacon motor arrives, and we pair it with a LRP speed control I have, it is currently running a brushed system. XL-5 w Electrifly s600 combo. So far We have added bearings, Steel links, Kimborogh servo saver, RPM Rear Carriers, Traxxas Big Bore Shock Caps, Progressive Springs, Hex Hardware, Hex Pins, and Updated ESC Mount and Receiver holder, and new Tranny on the way.

Also.. As of today, It's official. I am now a employee of a local hobby store. After one of the new shops opened, they saw my trucks. They decided to hire more people part time, and sought me out because of my vehicle knowledge, and passion for the hobby. When I came in next, they made the offer. They offered me a night a week, and couple Saturdays here and there, which is perfect. Reason isn't so much the extra cash that will come a few hours a week.... The benefit is..... PARTS AT COST!! Couple hours a week, and I get parts at a major discount. booo yaaa

I've always said, Will work for parts. Now it's gonna be true

But the Truck results were fantastic, and if(when) you see him here, please give him a warm welcome! As I know you already do to everyone
    Last edited by AbSoLooT1; 10-28-2013 at 06:59 PM.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Champion
    I love those tires for the road, they love to slip around without tipping the truck over.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

Looks awesome
    I was gonna mention the wheels aha
    Love that paint job
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

Quote Originally Posted by revoman78 View Post
    I love those tires for the road, they love to slip around without tipping the truck over.
    Ya they are old skool for sure Monster Jams work the same. But ya they are fun

RC Qualifier
    Very nice loot. Man I bet he is excited. He is one lucky fellow to have you to learn from. That lrp esc is from that used lcg slash you bought? I pay attention lol. Oh I picked up the correct kimbrough 124 servo savor today from lhs. Kind of funny I gave the owner the part number and brand and he said no we don't carry that. I told him to turn around it was on the shelf lol. Congrats on the hobby shop job. You should fit in there perfect. That truck has a classic look, awesome!!

Sent from Oser world

Hey don, Thanks bro. And yes, ur exactly right Ya as u guys know its really pricey to get in a brushless truck, plus charger and Lipos, so I made it as stream line as possible for him, and as cost effective. Was able to do it with him only spending 150 for Lipos, batts, and new tranny, and the rest I gave to him, or am lending till he gets his own. But the truck is all his. It even rides in the back of the full size vehicle, that has this same paint scheme. Really cool

RC Qualifier
    Looks great! Congrats on the new career.

Thanks man but . Career is still the same This is like one night on a weekday, and 2 Saturdays a month Plus a local store of that type doesn't pay that well Plus, like id ever see a check from that place. lol. Id just go right into parts. Cash would never leave the store. ha. Got a day job for other stuff. Does this mean I have a problem? lol but real Eazy peezy few hours a week (literally), and I get parts at cost. Great benefits there, and My day job remains the same.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Amazing lighting on the pics loot.

This is your #1 build so far...

Everything on the truck is a perfect match for the power. The most attractive truck yet... We have a winner 8)
    EDIT:
    You need to delete some messages...
    Last edited by rag6; 10-29-2013 at 02:20 AM.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Thanks man but . Career is still the same This is like one night on a weekday, and 2 Saturdays a month Plus a local store of that type doesn't pay that well Plus, like id ever see a check from that place. lol. Id just go right into parts. Cash would never leave the store. ha. Got a day job for other stuff. Does this mean I have a problem? lol but real Eazy peezy few hours a week (literally), and I get parts at cost. Great benefits there, and My day job remains the same.
    Lucky dog! That would be the best 2nd "job" EVER. It would just be nice to be able to help people out. My LHS is ran by an old man that's a bit behind the times. He's given me bad advice at least twice.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Looks good my friend. The 50's Chevy has always been one of my fav bodies. It looks very clean on the Pede.

The only downside is when the shocks compress or take sharp turns they will catch the front side panel. I've thought about trimming it down to where it doesnt catch, just never have. LOL

Here is a thumb of hers. Ehhh....must be somthing with the 50's Chevy and backwards front tires. haha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Amazing lighting on the pics loot.

This is your #1 build so far...

Everything on the truck is a perfect match for the power. The most attractive truck yet... We have a winner 8)
    EDIT:
    You need to delete some messages...
    hehe.. Thanks Rag lol. It is a good looking little beast for sure. Man, I just deleted some messages just barely. Il go do it again ha.

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Looks good my friend. The 50's Chevy has always been one of my fav bodies. It looks very clean on the Pede.

The only downside is when the shocks compress or take sharp turns they will catch the front side panel. I've thought about trimming it down to where it doesnt catch, just never have. LOL

Here is a thumb of hers. Ehhh....must be somthing with the 50's Chevy and backwards front tires. haha
    Thank u my friend, and I agree. Turned out great! The body was done by him, and it was the trigger that caused the whole thing to come together to see how serious he was. I think he did a great job for his first body. Granted we both are painters as it is, but still need to get ur hands dirty.

I very much remember ur ladies truck. I loved that paint job. And I noticed that too... I know 50s= backward front tires, cuz its retro like that

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey77 View Post
    Lucky dog! That would be the best 2nd "job" EVER. It would just be nice to be able to help people out. My LHS is ran by an old man that's a bit behind the times. He's given me bad advice at least twice.
    RIGHT?! I'm stoked.. I mean, it will be way cool to get in there, and get involved with that. I had been offered something like this in the past, and never took it but then afterwards thought I should have. Opportunity came up again, and I jumped on it. I'm real excited to be able to, and they are excited to have my knowledge about land based RCs behind there counter.

And I know exactly what u mean. The other store I have painfully been witness to them giving bad info, time and time again. Not really "their fault" just answering a question with certainty, when it wasn't there and was incorrect. Where they should say, I think so the consumer can make sure to get it answered for sure. I've also helped people in the store about 2wd Traxxas time and time again, and have given SO many people the information to this thread. Several have become members. Definitely all about the right knowledge.

RC poster
    Hello everyone I'm the lucky guy with the new truck!!! AbSoLooT1 your the man. Thanks for all the great reply's.

PS no more backwards front tires.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomb20 View Post
    Hello everyone I'm the lucky guy with the new truck!!! AbSoLooT1 your the man. Thanks for all the great reply's.

Congrats and Welcome to the forum man!!!

LooTs a cool cat. You're lucky to get to bash and hang out next to him, oh and next to kin. I'm miles away.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by thebomb20 View Post

Welcome to the Traxxas forum.
    You have a great advantage with 'LooT watching out for you, not to mention having DiggerPede and rag6 looking over his shoulder.
    Be sure to remind your brother-in-law to "share the wealth" wrt parts.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Welcome bomb! Very nice pede you have there Wish I had had someone like loot to help me out when I first started out... lucky . Have a blast!!

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the forums the bomb. Glad you joined in on the fun. Its a great place to spend some time or a lot of time. Good luck with the hobby and prepare yourself for the funtastic!!

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Alright Bomb... U posted on here bro. Very nice..Well...This is your thread now, and ur the trucks ur baby Great group of guys here as sent above.

Also, His SPC And Brushless Tacon arrived today. Were about to bump up the truck big time.

Also, I started working at the hobby store yesterday. Il be there every wed night for 3 hours, and every other Saturday at my preference. Cool thing is I'm there to answer questions, upsell, but mostly, bring in my rigs, and play around with all the stuff that is in the shop... lame huh? lol...

I can't tell ya the prices in too detail of what I get parts at now... but ya.... Its a significant drop Bomb now gets a right hand hobby man, and parts at cost.. Where was I when I started the hobby? lol

RC poster
    Sweet looking truck!

I'm trying to find a new body for my truck. It would be cool if I could get a Jeep Cherokee looking one cause I currently have a red Cherokee weekend warrior/rock crawler that I am have been building for my daughter. It will be her vehicle when she graduates from high school this spring. Would be cool to have an RC truck that was a replica of the real thing.

Well... I guess my title is incorrect... By completed.. I mean.. Put together, and just really getting started

TheBomb20's truck has gone Brushless. Tacon 3660 3500kv 540L Nice and Shiney new Brushless motor...

RPM Bumper Mount, Traxxas Wheelie bar

Mounted, with LRP Speed Control. And an AbSoLooT Touch... Wire Wrapped. Btw... notice how popular this has become? I think its such a cleaner look....

And last but not least, some STRC Shock Caps.

Initial tests prove this motor to be super strong. Its got some get up and go for sure. It seems to reach its top speed really fast. EXCELLENT bang for the buck. There are even some reviews stating it is faster than a 3800 which are some really big words. I am gonna get a Castle 3800 in the near future for Gold Spec, and get a comparison of the two.

More to come...

RC poster
    Sweet! I need to zip tie my wheelie bar too. The dumb thing keeps popping apart after a big jump.

Quote Originally Posted by VeyeC View Post
    Sweet! I need to zip tie my wheelie bar too. The dumb thing keeps popping apart after a big jump.
    ya its a pain. Itl make it go away.