RC poster

Stampede 4x4 spur gear problem

Hi guys,

i noticed that some times when i land the car from a jump and the rear bulkhead hits the ground then it flexes (i assume) it self and as a result it touches the spur from the inside. Due to this i stripped the spur many times, so i was wondering if i could solve this problem by puting a smaller spur (in order to have more space between itself and the rear bulkhead).

Has anyone else noticed the same? You will also hear the sound of the spur gear when landing-hiting the ground some times...or if you see the rear bulkhead from the inside it will have wear signs...

i was thinking if the diameter of the optional spur gear (52t or 50t) pn:6843-6842 is smaller than the 54t stock one maybe it is a good idea in order to prevent this in future.

Any ideas???

Maybe look into putting heavier shock oil in the shocks and stiffer springs too dudeAre you landing with throttle on because that will strip the spur .........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Maybe look into putting heavier shock oil in the shocks and stiffer springs too dudeAre you landing with throttle on because that will strip the spur .........peace
    no i don't...

RC Racer
    I have never see this problem, change oil in the shocks or change springs around the car and then i think it will be fine, is the clutch system Complete without damaged parts to the motor mount?

Check the bearings on the slipper shaft and motor mount as well dude and that the pinion is not loose and the mesh is spot on..........peace

RC Qualifier
    I noticed mine was rubbing o'so slightly on the bottom on the rear bulkhead. Very small rub point. Never heard it, just saw it during routine maintenance. It never was that bad that it stripped the spur. I just took my dremel and shaved out just a bit more, now no more wear marks. If you do drop down to a 52 spur, it will raise temps on motor and esc.
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
    I noticed mine was rubbing o'so slightly on the bottom on the rear bulkhead. Very small rub point. Never heard it, just saw it during routine maintenance. It never was that bad that it stripped the spur. I just took my dremel and shaved out just a bit more, now no more wear marks. If you do drop down to a 52 spur, it will raise temps on motor and esc.
    ok, so maybe the only way is like you said with the dremel...

RC Qualifier
    Yup, change your springs. I have some heavy progressive springs on mine and it's made all the difference in jumps. No issues now, and I have slammed that poor truck!!!

Check out VG racing springs they will help with big air.............peace