RC Competitor

body painting question

Hi! so i am painting my first rc body. and i was wondering if you can back blue with black, or do you need to back it with silver before black? these are the colors i am using: Tamiya TS-54 and Tamiya TS-14 thanks

you can back blue with black, but it will darken the blue up quite a bit.....

when I did my mini revo, I did that on purpose, I really liked the way it turned out

make sure to do the prep work..... the prep work is actually more important than spraying... also, do multiple really light coats, its better than a single thick one....

Yeah jimbo is on the money do lots of light coats and before you spray wash the body as best you can to get the press lube off and use a rough sponge and just take your time and enjoy it.Once the paint has dried for about a day then do the shoe goo and drywall tape with body washers mod and it will last ages..........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    does it matter that i got the "ts" type instead of "ps" or the other one? i have no idea what they mean lol

Reading Tamiya's site, "TS" is not for RC bodies, "PS" is.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

PS is for polycarbonate shells and the other one is for airfix type model as said by Greatscott.........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    I WOULDN'T use the TS on Lexan as that is not what is designed for. PS paint is specifically made for lexan ie. (polycarbonate)... I have only ever seen two brands.... Pactra and Tamiya..
    Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 10-31-2013 at 04:34 AM.

RC Qualifier
    You also have Spaz Stix Paint. They have some really cool looking color change paint, and even fluorescent paint.
    http://www.spazstix.com/
    I have no experience with it, and would really like to hear some reviews....