RC poster

Rally vs. Slash 4x4

Hello people, Hyper Chicken here. After months of research into this, I've finally decided to jump into this hobby, but have yet to decide between these two vehicles. I don't plan on buying another RC after this purchase for a long while, so I'm looking for a vehicle that does everything pretty **** well. Here's somethings to consider before giving your two cents:

-I live in Canada, so the weather isn't going to be too ideal. I'd be looking at snow, rain, mud and what not for most of the year. Ideal conditions are few and far between.
    -There's is no RC stores or tracks anywhere near me. So, I'm going to be going o'natural and taking it around local areas, mainly offroad. No rally tracks for me. With that being said, I don't want a vehicle that will have parts break on me easily.
    -This is my first and possibly last RC. As I said before, I'm looking for something that does everything well. All the way from going through muddy patches, to snow, to pavement.

Honestly, from a novices perspective, the Rally looks a more enticing. Although I've done alot of research into the car, I'm still not sure if it can handle all the terrain and weather that it will be thrown into. For example, I don't know how the rally would handle moderate amounts of mud, snow, ice, or how can modify the vehicle to be more off-road oriented. Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Hi and welcome!

Have both...
    Would go for the Slash 4x4.
    Rally
    Slash 4x4 Platinum x2
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

RC Champion
    If you buy the rally and modify it to be more off road worthy you will end up with a slash anyway.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Competitor
    Slash 4x4 all the way! You'll be happy with Ultimate.

I have both trucks and reading about your driving conditions I'd vote for the Sl4sh. If you were going to be on road most of the time I'd say Rally.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    +1 for slash 4x4. The lcg isn't that great for off road as it sits to low

RC Qualifier
    i'll add my vote for the slash 4x4 as well. there's just better versatility there. i will 100% recommend the LCG chassis, the way it handles and flies compared to the original chassis is just unreal. as someone else said.. you'll be happy with the ultimate.

RC Racer
    Slash 4x4 ultimate......
    Slash 4x4 and 10 other Models. Too Much !

RC poster
    I've had both and I think either would work if you just got some bigger tires for the mud and snow...
    But out of the box, Slash 4x4. Check out the Summit too

RC poster
    I have both I like the slash for jumps and short course racing put it is not the best for street the rally is really well rounded if you put new tires on it I put trencher for proline yellow dot and the raise and put 50 weight shock oil in both it works great both good the rally has a HUGE problem with the lcg chassis it will flex and snap the drive train I have gone though 3 of them

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bugbldrjr View Post
    I have both I like the slash for jumps and short course racing put it is not the best for street the rally is really well rounded if you put new tires on it I put trencher for proline yellow dot and the raise and put 50 weight shock oil in both it works great both good the rally has a HUGE problem with the lcg chassis it will flex and snap the drive train I have gone though 3 of them
    What?..........

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bugbldrjr View Post
    do you use the chassis brace