RC poster

New Shoes & Springs

Despite the fact that the Telluride is already great, I decided to make a few really minor changes... While these are mostly cosmetic improvements I have noticed a more of a difference in the handling as well, which I will get to in a second.

Can never have enough orange, and these wheels are a PERFECT match both in color and compatibility. I also threw in a new set of springs just for the heck of it. I'm really diggin' the improved look and I think most would agree that it looks pretty slick.

Now on to the better stuff... seems the rear springs I bought were a bit too long, but I used them anyway. Using a thinner spacer or whatever those are called I got the springs to work without adding too much of a rake to the stance. The rear end is jacked up a little bit but not much. It's a bit firmer now in the corners and I feel like it is easier to correct and the oversteer isn't quite as bad.

On top of that, these tires seem to have a little more bite as well, so that means tighter cornering and better acceleration to boot. I didn't get to do a ton of testing yet, but I have driven it a little and I felt more confident when cornering hard. Also seems to want to roll over less which is good. When the snow starts flying, I will definitely be sticking with these tires!

RC Champion
    Looking good with color coordinated tires.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

Nice! My green Telluride will have green wheels too (like the ones on the Kawasaki edition trucks), they are on the mail now...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC poster
    Yea the pictures don't really do it justice... the color is dead on to the body. I imagine the green ones are as well. Definitely an improvment over the original set.

RC Enthusiast
    Nice! What's the difference with those spring, except for the color? I'm looking for a new set of spring/shock for my telluride. Something stiffer in the rear and something more progressive in the front. I want a semi-crawler but that can handle well on the trail.

RC poster
    yea i outlined the differences I noticed in my OP. basically the springs were a tad longer than the stock ones so I just used a thinner spacer to compensate (otherwise the springs warped and rubbed the shocks). definitely stiffened up the rear a bit but there's still some play which helped a good deal with traction and oversteer.

RC Competitor
    Shame that the springs are green and not orange :P

RC Qualifier
    Nice! Agree on the orange springs!

Sent from my neXus⁴ using tapatalk 2
    <P4de VXL|Castle 3800kv|MM2|MIP|STRC|Proline|SPC>