RC poster

Receiver losing power. Is it a fail safe?

Hey new to the hobby and I am having one problem with my new slayer pro 4x4. Twice now while using it the receiver lost power and all servos stopped working but throttle did not stay open. I'm wondering if it was weak batteries and this is a fail safe as both times I had about an hour on them. I have looked for a bad connection in the wiring harness and battery holder but found nothing. I put in fresh batteries and it powers right up. I shook it, kicked it, dropped it, pulled wires and it doesn't lose power. So I'm thinking fail safe. Anyone know for sure? Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

RC Champion
    What kind of batteries u using? If your just putting in cheap batteries then they are not going to last. Put a good battery in it. As a example some cameras will not even power up unless they have energizer or Duracell or good quality rechargeable.

RC poster
    I user energizer recharageables. Expensive ones!! Just to clarify a little when I say the receiver loses power I mean it turns off. No run aways but I'm a little worried about that with a 3.3 nitro! Steering gets sluggish and then quickly shuts down and the throttle gets sluggish as well and then stops at neutral throttle. It's weird.
    Last edited by Dunfielder; 10-27-2013 at 09:48 PM.

RC Champion
    with the throttle going to neutral that is just a fail safe.. you don't want full throttle with no radio signal. i have never had luck with energizer rechargeable i found they never heald a charge. i only use sanyo envalopes or the duracell with the white to (sanyo re brand). try a set of good disposable batteries this Will tell you if its your batteries or electronics. it only takes 1 bad battery to drag down the whole system

Sounds like brown outs to me... which can be caused by a bad servo.

Are any of your servos warm after a run... or just after the brown out?
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Sounds like brown outs to me... which can be caused by a bad servo.

Are any of your servos warm after a run... or just after the brown out?
    Not that I have noticed. I did strip the steering servo saver on the last run. I replaced the gears, but its snowing here now so I doubt I will get a run anytime soon to test. Servo works fine on the workbench though after replacing the gears. Would a brown out turn off your receiver? I'm thinking I didn't charge the batteries when I bought them and they weren't fully charged.

A bad brown out will shut down the receiver... and they can be caused by poor quality or low voltage batteries as well as faulty servos.

change the batteries to alkaline batteries

rechargeable are 1.2v (4.8v total)
    alkaline are 1.5v (6v total)
    slash 4x4 lcg, telluride(modded), TCP........and other things

Good point.