RC poster

Buying new motor for revo

Ok sorry if this is a stupid question. But I just bought a ofna .28 jl. I guess it's the newest in the max line. My question is what does the JL stand for? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to get a answer. So I figures you more experienced modellers might have a answer. I know it's a force model I think. Only comes as pull start. Anyhow the JL part is driving me nuts.

RC poster
    Forgot to ask you guys. What pipe should I be running with the .28. I can't seem to find a good answer anywhere to this. I have a ths 146h and was thinking on putting it on my picco .26 but will that even work properly. I'm really confused and could use some professional advise. Sorry for the long post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

RC Racer
    I'm running the traxxas spring mount header on that engine. The engine is set up for a small block header. And for now stock revo muffler. I'm gonna order a custom pipe from ERCM.
    Last edited by Mcisaacracing; 10-27-2013 at 11:54 AM.

RC poster
    Are you talking the .26 or .28 with stock traxxas revo pipe? Thanks for you reply.

RC poster
    Dug I just read the guidelines for posting aftermarket questions. My bad. My apologies. Won't happen again.

RC Champion
    Just Lucky.

Sike. If I recall correctly, it is simply the initials of and old school racer named Jeremy Lynn (or something like that), who raced on-road cars, sponsored by OFNA. The on-road JL engines are modeled after the modded engines that he ran. That marketing just rolled over into the off-road engines.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear

RC Racer
    I have the new Force JL .28 max for the revo (52205)

Because it is non-Traxxas discussion about the engine it does have to be closed. I'll leave it available at this time for future viewing.
    The Super Derecho