Thread: Tuning question

RC poster

Tuning question

I recently bought a Telluride ( my first RC) and upgrades the diff oil to 500K and changed the shock oil to 30 wt. which seemed to be working well with the T12. I burned up that motor and switched to the Velenion Brushless system. The car is alot of fun but now it seems very unstable at speed ( I know it was never meant to go this fast). I have a slipper clutch with at 13/54 gearing. The car just seems to get up on a wheel and then it spins or flips. It will also do doughnuts with very little steering input and seems a little bouncy at speed. My question is will going to a softer 200-300K diff fluid help with stability at speed and should I consider going to a lighter shock oil?? I use the car just for fun some jumps, trails whatever. No real crawling. Thanks

I would first install a pede 4x4 slipper and 32p gears. You can dial out a bunch of that crazyness with the slipper. You will prob need it in the future for the stronger gears anyway, so I would try that first. Then maybe drop the diff fluid down to 200k front and 100k rear next. Only make 1 change at a time though so you can feel exactly what each change does for handling
    Whats in my wallet?
    I cant afford a wallet...

RC poster
    I have the pede slipper with 32p gears in it. I was not sure how loose I could make it without burning up the pads. I will try taking some out of it. Its probably little over 1/4 turn from full tight now.

Make it slip for the first 5 feet or so on full power starts on a high traction surface. It should be fine.
    Whats in my wallet?
    I cant afford a wallet...