RC poster

Size Lipo to use on Stampede

I was wondering what size Lipo that I could use on my Stampede XL5. I have a couple 3S 3600 that I use for my quad but was not sure if that size could be used on the pede.

Thanks
    Clarke

RC Champion
    Assuming the XL-5 esc has the LiPo capability 2S is all that is recommended. You will fry it on 3S!!
    XL-5 Specifications
    Input Voltage
    4 -8 cells NiMH; 2S LiPo
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC poster
    If it was the older XL-5 without the LVD, he could still run a 2s lipo and just add a battery monitor/alarm to the setup. You can pick up a voltage monitor for a few bucks at many hobby shops. You don't need anything fancy, just something to alert you that the Lipo is getting down to your cut-off voltage.

But definitely do not run anything bigger than a 2s in a stock set-up. That is unless you were wanting to upgrade it in the very near future.

2S will give you insane wheelies, anything bigger and you are just going to break parts, wear out your motor faster and fry your ESC.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cu19 View Post
    I was wondering what size Lipo that I could use on my Stampede XL5. I have a couple 3S 3600 that I use for my quad but was not sure if that size could be used on the pede.

Thanks
    Clarke
    I have tried a 3s on my Stampede (with VXL) and it was nearly uncontrollable. If you start slow and work your way up in speed, it is fine. If you gun it, you can say goodbye to your driveshafts. My Pede is a 2003 model but has the modern transmission. The 3s fits but the old chassis had ridges to cradle the NiMH batteries so they had to be cut out.