RC Qualifier

4x4 Backslash build input

I know there are already 1001 threads on the Backslash. I have a spare Slash 4x4 Ultimate and i basically have all trucks and wanted something different and till i can afford what i really want to add to my racing team i was thinking a Backslash would fill the need till then.

I have a real good idea on the parts i want to use but want opinion on others trial and error as i cant really afford to "gamble" atm. Also wanted to know from those that have built one did you even like it or was it like driving a truck with a different body? Im pretty sure ill end up selling when im ready to get the buggy i want. Would i be smart just to leave it as a truck if i intend on selling it to fund my next project or does a Backslash command a better price?

Just a feeler thread more than anything. Any thought or input is appreciated.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Enthusiast
    What is a back slash?

Sent from Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

RC Qualifier
    Do it dude.....I have no idea on selling prices.....but there are a 1001 truck slashes for sale so maybe you can up the aunty as its a bespoke build.....I shall be watch you very closely....

RC Qualifier
    ill be sure to do a build thread when i get ready to do it. It wont be much of a build thread as i already have 100% of a truck just need to assemble it.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeAreEff View Post
    What is a back slash?

a Backslash is a Slash 2wd or 4wd that has been converted to a 1/8 scale buggy
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-26-2013 at 08:28 AM. Reason: merge

RC Enthusiast
    I have a stampede I did the same thing to

with my play tires installed

Last edited by cooleocool; 10-26-2013 at 08:28 AM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    Yeah, do it!

I would like to know a list of buggy bodies that fit well on the LCG Slash.

Well my friend, you should just go ahead and build it. You never know, it might just satiate your need for buying a buggy. Please post a lot of pictures of your build! Hope all is well with you and your family.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Competitor
    That looks really good. Can you tell me what body that is? Is your chassis LCG?

Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    Thats a sweet looking Backslash man. The carbon fiber shock towers look sick.

Bulldog, what wing mount and body is that. Also what are the the tires on white wheels that look like Badlands? What did you use for front bumper and what did you do to keep rear hinged pins from falling out?

RC poster
    Thanks guys the body is a http://prolineracing.com/bodies/bull...-body-tlr-8E2/ cut to fit ... the wing and mount is from ofna. I used carbon integrated in the stock rear shock tower to mount the ofna wing.. The chassis is stock just died with RIT...

I cut down the front bumper just before the pins.
    The tires and wheels came from ebay $25 a set of 4... They look like badlands but they are not.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Last edited by Bulldog1387; 10-27-2013 at 09:11 PM.

RC poster
    Sorry dont know how to post a pic directly...

As for resale im not sure but all I know is that a backslash is far cheaper to own and maintain then a 1/8 scale buggy.. On my indoor clay track there are very fue trucks and cars that can keep up with it in the 2s field. Anything over 2s and i have a hard time keeping it going strait. **** of a lot of fun and pretty cheap to convert..

Im not looking to sell mine but I would for the right price... If anyone is interested...
    Last edited by Bulldog1387; 10-27-2013 at 09:22 PM.

RC Qualifier
    good looking build. We dont race 1/8 at my track, but our novice class is a open class and just about anything goes. Even in the SCT some guys race the Exo buggy. Not even sure i want to race it as much as i was looking fro a different flavor to bash with. I get paid on the 3rd so my adventure will start around then, just cant get to crazy with Christmas coming. Have to make sure the mini me is taken care of ya know. For sure your buggy is one to look up to Bulldog.

RC poster
    Let us know how it goes.. Its a fun project...