RC Enthusiast

9.6 Volt 5000 broke...

Hello!

I bought a Traxxas orginal 9.6 Volt 5000 nimh battery for about 2 weeks ago. I drive a stampede 4x4 vxl.
    Today when i had finished driving the plastic on the right battery cell on the top had melted. i dont bash my rc. i like to do wheelies with it and i moslty pull full throttle during the time im driving it. when i jump with it its max 30 cm meter jumps in the air which shouldnt be any problem. so how come it broke?
    i noticed that this cell was on the side alittle on the top of the battery pack, is it supposed to be like that?
    well i have no clue why and its not fun to pay 120 dollars for it here in sweden and then it brakes just 2 weeks after. any ideas how it could brake?

RC Enthusiast
    i dont think they make these very good my is brand new and doesnt work. there is also alot of threads on this battery
    ziggy ziggy coco pop ziggy ziggy pop!

RC Racer
    If you over stress the battery or run the battery down to the point where the truck will hardly move, the battery will overheat. I did this in my UL-1 Hydroplane and got the NiMH batteries up to 204 degrees F. Get a LiPo over 143F and it'll catch fire. Getting NiMH to 212F may melt connectors, adjacent plastic, desolder its connections.

You might contact Traxxas to see what they cover under warranty

RC Champion
    yep i also fried one of these batteries a couple of years ago. full charge and my truck was moving as if it were in training mode. i also think these werent made good.