Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 160 of 796
  1. #121
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    I just mainly use it to do wheelies on. I don't jump anything.
    Never trust a fart.

  2. #122
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    I just mainly use it to do wheelies on. I don't jump anything.
    haha i was crazy when i was littler i used to jump up to 6 feet in the air sometimes id even jump it the land while standing on the front pegs thats how i broke the rims crank set handle bars and the fork so now im getting parts for it to add on to the original frame
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  3. #123
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    Sounds dangerous! I have a blue 20 inch mongoose.
    Never trust a fart.

  4. #124
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    Sounds dangerous! I have a blue 20 inch mongoose.
    yeah i was stupid lol but i never broke a single bone when i rebuild it ill still jump it ill just be more careful nice mines i sweet looking orange one not sure what brand it is but i don't think it was very expensive
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  5. #125
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    I got plenty of cuts, scraps and bruises from bikes, but never broke anything. Mine was cheap from Walmart.
    (Stay on topic)
    Never trust a fart.

  6. #126
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    176
    found some old pics from before i restored my schwinn and before my bro got a new bike we rode for about 30miles found an acasiah with some water in it so or course we rode in it! lol. my bro got muddy lol on the way back
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  7. #127
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    Looks like you had fun! It must be warm where you are.
    Never trust a fart.

  8. #128
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    585
    I use to do the same stuff with my RedLine, 12Ft long jump with a 2.5FT-4FT vertical.... Wrecked a few times! the highest I have been is about only 4Ft... I use to line up the ramps and one slid one time, in the ditch I went. Forgot about when I first got my RedLine, I was racing my Dad and wasnt paying attention... Hit the neighbors brick mailbox, he happened to be a nice Sheriff! I have never broker any bones(knock on my wood table) only chipped a tooth and some weird shaped scrapes!
    PM for info.....

  9. #129
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
    I use to do the same stuff with my RedLine, 12Ft long jump with a 2.5FT-4FT vertical.... Wrecked a few times! the highest I have been is about only 4Ft... I use to line up the ramps and one slid one time, in the ditch I went. Forgot about when I first got my RedLine, I was racing my Dad and wasnt paying attention... Hit the neighbors brick mailbox, he happened to be a nice Sheriff! I have never broker any bones(knock on my wood table) only chipped a tooth and some weird shaped scrapes!
    haha that reminds me one time a few years ago i had just gotten a bike and was messing with the gears i went out onto the road to make sure they where all shifting. i was about to shift into last gear so i was going abot 20mph and i started looking behind me watching the gears next thing i know im ontop of someones car and my bike is laying on the ground lol.
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  10. #130
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    585
    Now that is funny! I have even ran into the same mailbox with one of my old Dirtbikes(Yamaha TTR-90). I have been through alot to not break some bones(now knocking on bedside table). I fell off the 1 story roof a few years back, been through a run-away lawnmower crash, 1 real car crash(2003 F-150), lawnmower fire(I mean fire), off can exploding from a fire that propelled into my shoulder, and multiple trampoline launches into the fence(We were 9 or so)... Back to the subject: Always beware of your surroundings, if there is a darn sidewalk please use it. I want to open my door sometimes when there is a STRAIGHT side walk on the side of a 50MPH road. I have even seen some "smart fellers" ride on the freeway!?!? I am a BMX only fan, mountain bikes are to complicated for me, I generally like to go too fast. i was coming home from work and some "smart feller" had no reflectors on(or anything indicating he was there) riding on the road, I may just have to get a fog horn one of these days for the M3.... It would be EPIC!
    PM for info.....

  11. #131
    Traxxas Marshal cooleocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the road takes me.
    Posts
    36,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
    if there is a darn sidewalk please use it.
    Unless someone is a young child, I would never advocate for riding a bicycle on the sidewalk. Sidewalks are meant for walking, not for cycling. On a sidewalk, you're less visible to motorists backing out of driveways, more likely to be hooked at an intersection, run the risk of mowing down a pedestrian, etc. The worst thing you can do is hop between the road and the sidewalks; the folks who do that are very unpredictable and are running a much higher risk of being injured or killed.

    Ride on the road, follow the direction of traffic, and stay out of the door zone. Most importantly, you need to be predictable. Hold your line without weaving all over the road, signal your turns, and follow the rules of the road (stop at stop signs, don't exceed the posted speed limits, etc.).

    EDIT: By the way, discussing actions that would endanger the life of a cyclist--or any person for that matter--is not wise. What would happen if you installed a fog horn on your parents' BMW, used it when you saw a so-called "smart feller," and he went down in front of you because you spooked him? Best case scenario, you avoid running him over. Worst case scenario, you run him over and he dies at the scene leaving his children fatherless (if he has children). Would you want that on your conscience?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-04-2013 at 08:41 AM.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

  12. #132
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,643
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    Unless someone is a young child, I would never advocate for riding a bicycle on the sidewalk. Sidewalks are meant for walking, not for cycling. On a sidewalk, you're less visible to motorists backing out of driveways, more likely to be hooked at an intersection, run the risk of mowing down a pedestrian, etc. The worst thing you can do is hop between the road and the sidewalks; the folks who do that are very unpredictable and are running a much higher risk of being injured or killed.

    Ride on the road, follow the direction of traffic, and stay out of the door zone. Most importantly, you need to be predictable. Hold your line without weaving all over the road, signal your turns, and follow the rules of the road (stop at stop signs, don't exceed the posted speed limits, etc.).
    Great post!

    I have bicycled well over 10,000 miles in the past 20 years or so, with about half of that on-road and one of the most basic misconceptions of the general driving public is bicycles should yield to ALL cars and/or bicycles do not belong on the road at all. Both are wrong.

  13. #133
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    Unless someone is a young child, I would never advocate for riding a bicycle on the sidewalk. Sidewalks are meant for walking, not for cycling. On a sidewalk, you're less visible to motorists backing out of driveways, more likely to be hooked at an intersection, run the risk of mowing down a pedestrian, etc. The worst thing you can do is hop between the road and the sidewalks; the folks who do that are very unpredictable and are running a much higher risk of being injured or killed.

    Ride on the road, follow the direction of traffic, and stay out of the door zone. Most importantly, you need to be predictable. Hold your line without weaving all over the road, signal your turns, and follow the rules of the road (stop at stop signs, don't exceed the posted speed limits, etc.).

    EDIT: By the way, discussing actions that would endanger the life of a cyclist--or any person for that matter--is not wise. What would happen if you installed a fog horn on your parents' BMW, used it when you saw a so-called "smart feller," and he went down in front of you because you spooked him? Best case scenario, you avoid running him over. Worst case scenario, you run him over and he dies at the scene leaving his children fatherless (if he has children). Would you want that on your conscience?
    im sick of these people that think bikes don't have a right to the road we pay taxes which helps pay for the road therefor as long as we are obeying the law there's nothing wrong with riding on the road. also in some states you can get fined for riding on the sidewalk
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  14. #134
    Traxxas Marshal cooleocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the road takes me.
    Posts
    36,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    Both are wrong.
    Hopefully I will live to see the day when a majority of road users understand this.

    Quote Originally Posted by nathan8856 View Post
    im sick of these people that think bikes don't have a right to the road we pay taxes which helps pay for the road therefor as long as we are obeying the law there's nothing wrong with riding on the road. also in some states you can get fined for riding on the sidewalk
    It has been said that a car-free cyclist actually pays more than their fare share of road repairs and maintenance through sales taxes, property taxes, etc. Yet many motorists cite the fact that they pay fuel taxes and registration fees, all the while failing to realize that those fees don't even come close to covering the costs of the wear and tear their motor vehicles cause.

    You also make a great point about the legality of sidewalk cycling. It does vary from state to state and municipality to municipality, but riding a bike on the sidewalk in my neck of the woods will earn you a $100+ citation (unless you are a child or a parent accompanying said child).
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

  15. #135
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    Hopefully I will live to see the day when a majority of road users understand this.

    It has been said that a car-free cyclist actually pays more than their fare share of road repairs and maintenance through sales taxes, property taxes, etc. Yet many motorists cite the fact that they pay fuel taxes and registration fees, all the while failing to realize that those fees don't even come close to covering the costs of the wear and tear their motor vehicles cause.

    You also make a great point about the legality of sidewalk cycling. It does vary from state to state and municipality to municipality, but riding a bike on the sidewalk in my neck of the woods will earn you a $100+ citation (unless you are a child or a parent accompanying said child).
    wow that's a big fine i think the main reason a lot of drivers hate cyclists is because of the ones who dont obey the law or even stop for the lights. but that does not justify all the hate we get
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  16. #136
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    I never really ride on sidewalks. Unless I'm in a park and can clearly see there's no pedestrians or any place where a car can pull over onto the sidewalk(I.e. A ball diamond, basketball court, etc.) when ridding in a town, I stay out of the door zone and hold my line. I try to stay with traffic best I can, but I'm not one who rides 30-35 mph easily. I feel fast when I hold 25 mph for a few miles, haha.
    I do agree that cyclists and motorcycles are harder to see. We are simply smaller and don't catch people's attention as easily as cars do.
    Never trust a fart.

  17. #137
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    I never really ride on sidewalks. Unless I'm in a park and can clearly see there's no pedestrians or any place where a car can pull over onto the sidewalk(I.e. A ball diamond, basketball court, etc.) when ridding in a town, I stay out of the door zone and hold my line. I try to stay with traffic best I can, but I'm not one who rides 30-35 mph easily. I feel fast when I hold 25 mph for a few miles, haha.
    I do agree that cyclists and motorcycles are harder to see. We are simply smaller and don't catch people's attention as easily as cars do.
    downtown here i end up going faster then traffic its an awesome feeling but there's no room in the roads so i have to weave through the traffic
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  18. #138
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    Weaving through traffic is probably not a good idea.
    Never trust a fart.

  19. #139
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    176
    hey guys so my brother recently had someone try to steal his bike again and he ended up tackling the guy to get his bike back unfortunately the bike got pretty banged up pretty bad on the entire right side. luckily the peddle saved the bottom part but the same cannot be said about the top bar the seat and handle bars so my question is what can i do to clean up the scuffs and make this look a little better obviously the decals are trash now and the paint has many deep chips but my goal is just to clean it up a bit. thanks for all the help
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  20. #140
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    That sucks that someone tried to steal his bike, but it's even better to hear that it was saved. Has he tried keeping it inside? Just a thought.

    If it's just scratched, I'd say sand it down and repainting it is probably your best bet to make it come out looking clean again.
    Never trust a fart.

  21. #141
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    That sucks that someone tried to steal his bike, but it's even better to hear that it was saved. Has he tried keeping it inside? Just a thought.

    If it's just scratched, I'd say sand it down and repainting it is probably your best bet to make it come out looking clean again.
    yeah he had it on the front of of the bus on the way to work i don't want to touch the paint because its a really cool diamond back pearl and purple. and don't worry the thief got a good thrashing
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  22. #142
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    It doesn't seem to be in that bad of shape, just scratches and dings is all. I'd say leave it.

    I've never heard of someone stealing a bike off the bus. The thief deserved to get thrashed.
    Never trust a fart.

  23. #143
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    It doesn't seem to be in that bad of shape, just scratches and dings is all. I'd say leave it.

    I've never heard of someone stealing a bike off the bus. The thief deserved to get thrashed.
    yeah second time someones tried to steal it off the bus its really sad how much you have to go out of the way just to keep your bike. and that bike thief was a real idiot for trying to steal my brothers bike because hes a 220ib mma kick boxer prolly why the bike got scratched so bad ill try the turtle wax rubbing compound on it tomorrow and see how it goes ill keep you guys posted still have to get new handlebar tape and peddles
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  24. #144
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    Ok, sweet! Keep us posted, with pics of course.
    Never trust a fart.

  25. #145
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    Ok, sweet! Keep us posted, with pics of course.
    well i worked a few hours yesterday night and got most of the scuffs off now the deep scratches are what remains but man does that turtle wax bring out the pearl nicely!
    (this spot wasnt damaged im just showing off the pearl
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  26. #146
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    She's a shinning all right!
    Never trust a fart.

  27. #147
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    She's a shinning all right!
    yep gotta love it my brother will be happy for sure
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  28. #148
    Traxxas Marshal cooleocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the road takes me.
    Posts
    36,801
    I haven't been riding my bike outside much due to all of the snow that we have been getting. When the plow trucks cannot keep up with snowfall, I keep the bikes inside. Granted, it would be a totally different story if I had a set of studded tires. (The bike I'm planning on getting studded tires for is still completely torn apart--I've been busy.)

    That said, I have been out a few times when the roads were relatively clear. After about an hour in 17ish degree temperatures, my fingers get unbearably cold. I'm going to start looking for some warmer options for gloves here soon. Otherwise, I'm comfortable as long as I'm moving at a decent clip. The only time my core has been too cold was when I got caught in a snowstorm and the roads were slick. Since I was unable to maintain a decent speed, I couldn't keep myself warm enough (18 degrees, 20+ MPH wind, heavy snowfall).

    Besides that, I have my road bike set up in my trainer and I have been doing a fair amount of running outside.

    Even though I enjoy being outside in this weather, I really cannot recommend it. But as we have already established in this thread, I am slightly crazy.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

  29. #149
    Marshal Dadx2mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    21,100
    Move to SoCal and forget that cold stuff. When I went for my morning ride this morning I was in shorts, sandals and a sleeve-less T shirt
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

  30. #150
    Traxxas Marshal cooleocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the road takes me.
    Posts
    36,801
    Nah, this is actually my favorite time of the year--I love winter!

    On that note, it's going to be nice to have a white Christmas for once! The past few years have been pretty dreary looking on Christmas day.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-24-2013 at 06:04 PM.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

  31. #151
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Move to SoCal and forget that cold stuff. When I went for my morning ride this morning I was in shorts, sandals and a sleeve-less T shirt
    That is the exact reason I want to get outta SoCal, every single ride I go on I burn up even in the pouring rain....
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  32. #152
    Marshal Dadx2mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    21,100
    Well I guess we are lucky to have such diverse climates. I grew up in the snow and cold and dont want any part of it anymore. If I really need to get in the snow Big Bear ski resort is about a 90 minute drive for me, that is close as I want to get to the snow
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

  33. #153
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Well I guess we are lucky to have such diverse climates. I grew up in the snow and cold and dont want any part of it anymore. If I really need to get in the snow Big Bear ski resort is about a 90 minute drive for me, that is close as I want to get to the snow
    Big Bear is where I spend my weekends, work up there as an assistant ski instructor. I prefer to bike up there during the summer...
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  34. #154
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SD California
    Posts
    872
    Socal is one of the best spots in the Country for mountain biking no doubt. I ride dh/fr and there are a lot of pretty nice trails within 5 miles or less of my house. In my backyard basically is a huge canyon that is awesome for trail riding.
    Last edited by 96motorhead; 12-24-2013 at 11:48 PM.

  35. #155
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    I haven't been riding my bike outside much due to all of the snow that we have been getting. When the plow trucks cannot keep up with snowfall, I keep the bikes inside. Granted, it would be a totally different story if I had a set of studded tires. (The bike I'm planning on getting studded tires for is still completely torn apart--I've been busy.)

    That said, I have been out a few times when the roads were relatively clear. After about an hour in 17ish degree temperatures, my fingers get unbearably cold. I'm going to start looking for some warmer options for gloves here soon. Otherwise, I'm comfortable as long as I'm moving at a decent clip. The only time my core has been too cold was when I got caught in a snowstorm and the roads were slick. Since I was unable to maintain a decent speed, I couldn't keep myself warm enough (18 degrees, 20+ MPH wind, heavy snowfall).

    Besides that, I have my road bike set up in my trainer and I have been doing a fair amount of running outside.

    Even though I enjoy being outside in this weather, I really cannot recommend it. But as we have already established in this thread, I am slightly crazy.
    your gloves keep your hands cold for a whole hour? mine last 20 minutes tops bot they look amazing, i went on a ten mile ride in the cold and overestimated how cold it was threw on two sweaters and my gloves i was sweating about half way into it lol
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  36. #156
    Traxxas Marshal cooleocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the road takes me.
    Posts
    36,801
    No, my fingers start to get cold rather quickly. I am able to keep them from turning into ice cubes by moving them around, keeping my fingers tight together, etc. I'm just using thin glove liners inside of standard full-finger cycling gloves. I definitely need something warmer for temperatures as cold as I have been riding in, since I would like to be able to ride for 1.5-2 hours without getting cold fingers. I seem to have everything else sorted out except for my fingers.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

  37. #157
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    Coole, I think you need hand warmers inside the gloves.
    Never trust a fart.

  38. #158
    Traxxas Marshal cooleocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the road takes me.
    Posts
    36,801
    Nah, I think I just need gloves that were designed to be used in cold weather!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

  39. #159
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    That might help just a bit. haha.
    Never trust a fart.

  40. #160
    Traxxas Marshal cooleocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the road takes me.
    Posts
    36,801
    Indeed. I think that I'm going to give the Planet Bike Borealis gloves a shot (I will order them with some other things this weekend).
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •