Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 560 of 837
  1. #521
    Traxxas Marshal cooleocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the road takes me.
    Posts
    36,846
    I took it easy and went out for a ride with my wife today. It was her first ride outside this season, so we only did 11 miles at a 12MPH pace. Considering that she has only ridden her bike in the trainer a handful of times in the past month or so, it was a pretty good start for her. Weather permitting (she's a fair weather cyclist), she tries to ride with me at least once a week. During the summer, we'll often go out twice a week (one ride around 10-12 miles long, the other around 20-25 miles long).
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

  2. #522
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    I biked to my friends house today, about 1.5 miles away. We then played basketball. Good times.

    As promised, a picture of my bike. Not good quality, but it's what I got lol..

    Never trust a fart.

  3. #523
    Marshal Dadx2mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    21,204
    Such a beautiful morning here today, weather man says high 80s but when I left this morning it was 57 when I got home it was 71. It was just so pretty and pleasant when I got to my normal 10 miles I just kept going and logged another 5 for a total of 15 miles this morning.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

  4. #524
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    177
    so it was very windy here (about 20mph) but i decided to try the 30 mile route in the wind my average speed was low at 15mph but im happy with it given my riding conditions conditions (the ride there was downhill ride back was uphill crosswinds against me the whole ride)
    PROOF:

    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    I biked to my friends house today, about 1.5 miles away. We then played basketball. Good times.

    As promised, a picture of my bike. Not good quality, but it's what I got lol..

    looks to be in good shape i'd put some yellow and black handlebar tape on it

    sorry for the triple post here but on sunday i rode at night (about 9:00pm) and i realized my bike is very reflective to headlights so i would say its pretty safe when it comes to night riding. i am also not going to have as much spare time to ride when i start my internship so i'll have to work riding around that, but i think if i go shorter distances i should be OK it was 65 degrees on my ride today if it wasn't for the wind i would've had a much better time
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    I biked to my friends house today, about 1.5 miles away. We then played basketball. Good times.

    As promised, a picture of my bike. Not good quality, but it's what I got lol..

    looks to be in good shape i'd put some yellow and black handlebar tape on it
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 04-07-2014 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Merge x3
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  5. #525
    Traxxas Marshal cooleocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the road takes me.
    Posts
    36,846
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Have a race this Sunday so wish me luck.
    So how did it go?

    I've been having more company out on the roads lately. On my ride earlier this evening, I saw a few commuters and a couple of guys on road bikes (people I don't recognize from my rides in the cooler/snowier weather). Two of the commuters looked like they were dressed for 20 degree weather (it was 50!). They must have been toasty in those relatively heavy jackets!

    As for the roadies, it was easy to tell that they hadn't been out riding this winter. Based on what I've seen over the past few years, it won't be until mid summer before they work off the 20 extra pounds they put on during "hibernation" and actually get in decent cycling shape. Why those guys don't just work to maintain their fitness levels throughout the year is beyond me. They sure don't look like they're having fun out there struggling to try to achieve the speeds they could ride at their peak last summer. I don't ride nearly as much in the winter as I do in the warmer months, but I ride enough so that riding when the weather warms up isn't miserably difficult. To each their own, I suppose.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

  6. #526
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    So how did it go?


    As for the roadies, it was easy to tell that they hadn't been out riding this winter. Based on what I've seen over the past few years, it won't be until mid summer before they work off the 20 extra pounds they put on during "hibernation" and actually get in decent cycling shape. Why those guys don't just work to maintain their fitness levels throughout the year is beyond me. They sure don't look like they're having fun out there struggling to try to achieve the speeds they could ride at their peak last summer. I don't ride nearly as much in the winter as I do in the warmer months, but I ride enough so that riding when the weather warms up isn't miserably difficult. To each their own, I suppose.
    well some of the roadies im sure do it as just a hobby and get a winter hobby while they take a break from biking, it sure isnt fun trying to get back in shape after winter believe me on that as for me all i have seen so far is people on mountain bikes and people on bmx bikes, i have only seen two other roadies so far one was wearing Tour De France stuff and riding at 12mph so i decided to slow down and follow him and 5 minutes later he was stopped drinking water out of his Tour De France bottle. the other roadie was going a nice steady speed of 18-19 and i rode with him for a couple miles
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  7. #527
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    Nathan, I don't have handle bar tape. It's electrical tape over my black bar tape. The bar tape was coming off so I fixed it lol. It's actually has a pretty nice feel to it. It's soft and comfy surprisingly.
    Never trust a fart.

  8. #528
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9
    This is sopposed to be about rc cars

  9. #529
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    Good Luck Sean1214!!!
    Thanks I had the luck with me this race, placed the best I have all season!

    11th Total Time-1:11:47 Great Oak HS
    Lap Times
    #1 0:23:46
    #2 0:24:00
    #3 0:24:01

    Dietary changes are helping quite a lot and I am hoping for a top 10 in 2 weeks at my next race.
    Last edited by sean1214; 04-07-2014 at 10:16 PM.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  10. #530
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by buggymaster91 View Post
    This is sopposed to be about rc cars
    yeah but this is the traxxas ally section of traxxas forums where we are free to talk about pretty much anything




    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Thanks I had the luck with me this race, placed the best I have all season!

    11th Total Time-1:11:47 Great Oak HS
    Lap Times
    #1 0:23:46
    #2 0:24:00
    #3 0:24:01

    Dietary changes are helping quite a lot and I am hoping for a top 10 in 2 weeks at my next race.
    way to go man!
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  11. #531
    Traxxas Marshal cooleocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the road takes me.
    Posts
    36,846
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Dietary changes are helping quite a lot . . ..
    That's good to hear, eating right is definitely important. I've met several people over the years who say things like "I workout so I can eat whatever I want" or "I'll workout to lose weight, but I'm not going to change my [unhealthy] eating habits." While workout out is great, people really need to focus on being active and eating right; this is especially true if you want to be a competitive athlete. If you don't provide your body with the right fuel, you'll never be as fast or as strong as you can be. Also, you can still suffer from health issues brought on by unhealthy eating habits even if you're getting the recommended amount of daily exercise.

    Several years ago, I used to eat a lot of unhealthy, processed foods. Then I met my wife and she introduced me to eating better (one of her hobbies is cooking--she's good at it). Looking back, I don't know how I ever ate how I used to. I can do so much more now and feel better than I ever have. It's not that I felt bad before, but I definitely feel better now. I still have to consume a lot of calories just to keep myself from withering away, but now I'm not getting those calories from things like chips, soft drinks, and other junk food. I used to drink a lot of sugary juice as well. Now I drink water almost exclusively, snack on healthier foods like almonds or fruits (I did eat fruits regularly before, just not as much), and so on.

    I've never had to worry about my weight or what I ate. I have the metabolism of a racehorse and can pretty much eat anything and everything I want. But that didn't mean my eating habits were healthy. I still consume the same amount of calories on any given day, but now those calories come from healthier sources.

    How many of you thought this thread would get on the subject of healthy eating habits? I had a feeling it might come up given that nutrition is such a huge part of cycling (or any activity for that matter). I'm always amazed by how many people never even think about this aspect of it, though.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

  12. #532
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    Nathan, I don't have handle bar tape. It's electrical tape over my black bar tape. The bar tape was coming off so I fixed it lol. It's actually has a pretty nice feel to it. It's soft and comfy surprisingly.
    haha the rednecks would be proud! i had fixed my schwinns handlebar tape with eletrical tape once because it was the original 40 year old handlebar tape and i wanted to keep it that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    That's good to hear, eating right is definitely important. I've met several people over the years who say things like "I workout so I can eat whatever I want" or "I'll workout to lose weight, but I'm not going to change my [unhealthy] eating habits." While workout out is great, people really need to focus on being active and eating right; this is especially true if you want to be a competitive athlete. If you don't provide your body with the right fuel, you'll never be as fast or as strong as you can be. Also, you can still suffer from health issues brought on by unhealthy eating habits even if you're getting the recommended amount of daily exercise.

    Several years ago, I used to eat a lot of unhealthy, processed foods. Then I met my wife and she introduced me to eating better (one of her hobbies is cooking--she's good at it). Looking back, I don't know how I ever ate how I used to. I can do so much more now and feel better than I ever have. It's not that I felt bad before, but I definitely feel better now. I still have to consume a lot of calories just to keep myself from withering away, but now I'm not getting those calories from things like chips, soft drinks, and other junk food. I used to drink a lot of sugary juice as well. Now I drink water almost exclusively, snack on healthier foods like almonds or fruits (I did eat fruits regularly before, just not as much), and so on.

    I've never had to worry about my weight or what I ate. I have the metabolism of a racehorse and can pretty much eat anything and everything I want. But that didn't mean my eating habits were healthy. I still consume the same amount of calories on any given day, but now those calories come from healthier sources.

    How many of you thought this thread would get on the subject of healthy eating habits? I had a feeling it might come up given that nutrition is such a huge part of cycling (or any activity for that matter). I'm always amazed by how many people never even think about this aspect of it, though.
    i have been on a very healthy gluten free diet for two years now, although i must admit it i hate it and wouldn't be on it if my mom didn't make me. but i plan to stay on a healthy diet even after i move out just not gluten free as i think it is not necessary (and makes having a good sandwich very hard). i also had a feeling that sooner or later we would be talking about healthy eating.
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  13. #533
    Marshal Dadx2mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    21,204
    Man it felt like summer here today...wait for it Cooleo....a little more... it was 91 here for a high today. When I took my morning ride it was a beautiful 75 and I did a 16.5 mile cruise . By summer time I plan on being able to take a near by trail that goes to the beach. The trail is a 3 mile ride from my house then 14 miles to the beach. I could get there now but that is only half way has I have to get home some time LOL.

    I also broke down and ordered a helmet this morning. Could not find one I liked locally but found what I wanted on ebay. I've pushed my luck long enough riding without one.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

  14. #534
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Man it felt like summer here today...wait for it Cooleo....a little more... it was 91 here for a high today. When I took my morning ride it was a beautiful 75 and I did a 16.5 mile cruise . By summer time I plan on being able to take a near by trail that goes to the beach. The trail is a 3 mile ride from my house then 14 miles to the beach. I could get there now but that is only half way has I have to get home some time LOL.

    I also broke down and ordered a helmet this morning. Could not find one I liked locally but found what I wanted on ebay. I've pushed my luck long enough riding without one.
    im jealous of your weather... today's a warm day its currently 46 the high is 84 with 12mph winds i have a felling im going for a nice long ride today although as of writing this we have 2.2mph wind. after yesterdays ride i have decided after i get paid that ill be buying a cycling shirt but i wont be caught dead in one of the wannabe shirts or the "Tour De France" stuff i just want a plain green shirt or maybe something like this http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/mens-...ke-jersey.html but i still wont be wearing a helmet. i also have a new project, im fixing up my dads 2007 gt timberline sport i was able to true the front rim to almost perfectly straight using a screw driver and a small adjustable wrench, but the back rim is completely shot so ill be replacing that with a spare rim, it also needs new gearshifts new rim strips new handlebar grips new seat and a good clean up. ill try and post some pics of it later i think it will be a great bike for riding on gravel trails and dirt roads.
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  15. #535
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    I too have a high metabolism. I don't eat much junk food, we hardly ever buy it. I do eat pasta though. Good carbs for running a race the next day!
    (Side note) We have our 1st big track meet tomorrow and I get to run the 4x8! Wish us luck!
    Never trust a fart.

  16. #536
    Traxxas Marshal cooleocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the road takes me.
    Posts
    36,846
    It has been a pretty nice week here! I rode Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and today. Sunday and Wednesday were with my wife, and she wants to go out for another ride tomorrow. I ran on Tuesday. This is probably one of the first weeks in a while that I haven't gone on two to three runs, but the bike has really been calling my name lately.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    it was 91 here for a high today.
    Gross!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I also broke down and ordered a helmet this morning. Could not find one I liked locally but found what I wanted on ebay. I've pushed my luck long enough riding without one.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan8856 View Post
    but i still wont be wearing a helmet.
    As I've mentioned earlier, helmets are really a hot-button issue in the cycling world. Personally, couldn't care less about whether someone wears one or not. I wear one and I've been in one crash where the helmet likely saved my life, but I still don't believe it is my place to tell anyone else to wear one. And, really, helmets only offer protection under certain conditions. If you were to get ran over by an 18 wheeler, a helmet is not going to do much for you. When you go over the bars, though, it sure is nice to have a piece of foam between the pavement and your head.

    Quote Originally Posted by nathan8856 View Post
    after yesterdays ride i have decided after i get paid that ill be buying a cycling shirt but i wont be caught dead in one of the wannabe shirts or the "Tour De France" stuff i just want a plain green shirt or maybe something like this
    If you have a Target in your area, have a look at some of their C9 athletic clothing. I've been using their wicking compression shirts for a number of years now with great results. That said, cycling jersies generally offer better color options, more storage (pockets), and a cycling specific cut.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

  17. #537
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    It has been a pretty nice week here! I rode Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and today. Sunday and Wednesday were with my wife, and she wants to go out for another ride tomorrow. I ran on Tuesday. This is probably one of the first weeks in a while that I haven't gone on two to three runs, but the bike has really been calling my name lately.

    Gross!



    As I've mentioned earlier, helmets are really a hot-button issue in the cycling world. Personally, couldn't care less about whether someone wears one or not. I wear one and I've been in one crash where the helmet likely saved my life, but I still don't believe it is my place to tell anyone else to wear one. And, really, helmets only offer protection under certain conditions. If you were to get ran over by an 18 wheeler, a helmet is not going to do much for you. When you go over the bars, though, it sure is nice to have a piece of foam between the pavement and your head.

    If you have a Target in your area, have a look at some of their C9 athletic clothing. I've been using their wicking compression shirts for a number of years now with great results. That said, cycling jersies generally offer better color options, more storage (pockets), and a cycling specific cut.
    alright i have one 7 miles away from me i may have to go check it out when im out riding next, thanks


    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    As I've mentioned earlier, helmets are really a hot-button issue in the cycling world. Personally, couldn't care less about whether someone wears one or not. I wear one and I've been in one crash where the helmet likely saved my life, but I still don't believe it is my place to tell anyone else to wear one. And, really, helmets only offer protection under certain conditions. If you were to get ran over by an 18 wheeler, a helmet is not going to do much for you. When you go over the bars, though, it sure is nice to have a piece of foam between the pavement and your head.
    yeah im not trying to make cyclist upset and i probably shouldn't even mention it, i do agree that helmets help in some situations. im sure if i had a crash that was a close call i would buy one and wear it but all i have experienced in my cycling time is one rather emberassing moment when i crashed my mountain bike into the back of someones car, and with the diamondback i have lost balance a few times and almost went down but every time i am able to recover before my bike falls. i have also accidentally jammed my foot into the front rim a few times while going downhill and pedaling very fast so to fix the balance and foot in the front rim issues ill be getting some clip on shoes.
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  18. #538
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,732
    Dead tired this afternoon from an extremely hard ride this morning. Posted a link below that describes the whole ride and pictures to show how scenic it is. A straight 4500 ft climb and 25 miles all together....


    http://www.mountainbikebill.com/Palomar-HighPoint.htm
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  19. #539
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Dead tired this afternoon from an extremely hard ride this morning. Posted a link below that describes the whole ride and pictures to show how scenic it is. A straight 4500 ft climb and 25 miles all together....


    http://www.mountainbikebill.com/Palomar-HighPoint.htm
    looks like fun
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  20. #540
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    I ran 12.2 miles today! It was a wii bit windy, but it was pretty much all cross winds. That's a new record for me!
    Biking, I've not been doing that.

    And that trail looks like beautiful! I'd be up for a very slow attempt at it. Lol.
    I found a nice spot today while running that overlooks about 5 miles of just fields. I want to visit it at sun set. I love being able to see for a very long time. Especially when you're at the top of something overlooking everything.
    Last edited by ithrowstones; 04-13-2014 at 12:52 AM.
    Never trust a fart.

  21. #541
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan8856 View Post
    looks like fun
    I wouldn't call it fun, I'd just call it an extremely good workout.

    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    I ran 12.2 miles today! It was a wii bit windy, but it was pretty much all cross winds. That's a new record for me!
    Dude thats great! Last year I was up to 17 miles and then my knees gave way so I switched to biking. Don't overdo it.
    Last edited by sean1214; 04-13-2014 at 10:33 AM.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  22. #542
    Traxxas Marshal cooleocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the road takes me.
    Posts
    36,846
    Nothing exciting happening here this weekend. We couldn't get out for a ride yesterday because we were too busy. We ended up spending the morning and part of the afternoon doing yard work, I spent some time with a buddy who's moving out of state, and we had company over last night. We did, however, find some time for a ride today; just a 15 mile ride, but it's my wife's longest ride of the year. She has been pretty excited about riding this year for some reason. In years past, she's never wanted to ride this much. I'm certainly not going to complain, though.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

  23. #543
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    177
    ok so i did 160.3 this week, i admit my numbers where exaggerated and im sorry from now on ill only post numbers im 100% sure of and no more estimating. my average speed was 17.6 mph (4 days of this week were very windy windy, including today) so i think my average speed was accurate i do apologize for the exaggerated numbers, i start working next week so i'll see how much riding i can get in then also, would this be a good winter bike/beater? i want one im not afraid to scratch and dent http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/bik/4421404194.html
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  24. #544
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    661
    Find a couple new trails this weekend. I'm making a video of the ride and various wrecks.

    Made a derailleur hanger last week after destroying the original since the closest one is in Italy.




  25. #545
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post

    Dude thats great! Last year I was up to 17 miles and then my knees gave way so I switched to biking. Don't overdo it.
    I've got a buddy who runs high mileage. I think his highest is 21 lol..
    IF I'm feeling anxious this summer, I'll work my way up to the ever so famous 26.2 mile range, but we'll see how it goes as I run longer runs. But I do like my knees and they will take some work to do longer runs.

    Deerhurst, that's one good way to fix it yourself!
    Last edited by ithrowstones; 04-13-2014 at 09:44 PM.
    Never trust a fart.

  26. #546
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by deerhurst View Post
    Find a couple new trails this weekend. I'm making a video of the ride and various wrecks.

    Made a derailleur hanger last week after destroying the original since the closest one is in Italy.



    What type of bike do you have? You have a 2.35 tire so that caught my interest...
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  27. #547
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    What type of bike do you have? You have a 2.35 tire so that caught my interest...
    It's a Devinci Hectik 3. Great little 160mm FS bike. Those 2.35 DHFs are a little narrow for my liking.

  28. #548
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    So...how goes the rides?
    Never trust a fart.

  29. #549
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by deerhurst View Post
    It's a Devinci Hectik 3. Great little 160mm FS bike. Those 2.35 DHFs are a little narrow for my liking.
    I'm riding a 29er with 100mmF/110mmR with 2.2"s but will be getting 2.3"s for enduro season.


    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    So...how goes the rides?
    Tiring, been feeling real cruddy when riding lately, I think it may be my allergies killing me. Going to try to get a nice long recovery ride in tomorrow to try to get my legs spun out.
    Last edited by sean1214; 04-17-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  30. #550
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    So...how goes the rides?
    business as usual didn't get a chance to ride on Wednesday but i rode pretty far all the other days this week
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  31. #551
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    So...how goes the rides?
    Awesome but my weekend of DH riding got canceled due to my bosses bosses boss who doesn't understand what we do or care. I work as a trip guide for my school.

  32. #552
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,732
    So for the 4th time this month my bike is in the shop . Derailleur cable took a crud so I decided to have the shop convert to tubeless while it is in there. All of the money from my winter job that I planned on spending on rc's has been going straight into my stinkin bike.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  33. #553
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    I have yet to ride

    I forgot to tell you guys this a long while ago, but my bike shop got voted for one of the best bike shops in the nation!

    http://nbda.com/about/americas-best-...hops-pg392.htm
    Never trust a fart.

  34. #554
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    I have yet to ride

    I forgot to tell you guys this a long while ago, but my bike shop got voted for one of the best bike shops in the nation!

    http://nbda.com/about/americas-best-...hops-pg392.htm
    That's awesome. The shop I go to has one employee who knows my bike almost as well as I do and serves his customers like family and the rest of shop is so-so, and the shop that sponsors my time has a good selection and everything but not a single employee seems to have any enthusiasm to be working there. Even if my favorite shop is a thirty minute drive away I'll take it over poor customer service.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  35. #555
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    I was able to get out today! Went for a 20 mile ride on one of my favorite routes. First ride of the year too. My butt will probably be a little bit sore, but shouldn't be too bad. I rode faster than I had thought I could. I did it in 1 hour and 15 minutes lol.

    Feels good to get out and ride once more.

  36. #556
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    177
    well yesterday i got to ride in the rain... underestimated how much it was raining and about half way into the ride we starting getting pretty big puddles. but it was a lot of fun i also discovered that with these tires its a very good idea to slow down when you take turns in the rain i only ended up doing 10miles because i was socked through at 2 miles. all the rain made for a very nice morning ride today i really need to get clip on pedals soon as every time i down shift my feet nearly fly off the pedals and i have to work hard to keep them on the pedals. im gonna try and get a go pro this paycheck so i can start recording my rides (as they can get very interesting).
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  37. #557
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    Don't your pedals have little pointy thing to help keep your feet on the pedals? Mine do and it's not good to ride barefoot as they can hurt. haha..

    Ridding in the rain is kinda fun. It starts to hurt above the 15-16 MPH mark.
    Never trust a fart.

  38. #558
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    Don't your pedals have little pointy thing to help keep your feet on the pedals? Mine do and it's not good to ride barefoot as they can hurt. haha..

    Ridding in the rain is kinda fun. It starts to hurt above the 15-16 MPH mark.
    well the shimano rx100's are clip pedals and i didnt have the clip on shoes so i took the clip off the pedals. they worked great with my old shoes (Reebok zigs) because they have deep grooves in the of the shoes wich fit perfect with the pedals the pedals dont work so great with my flat bottomed shoes. these are my pedals:
    i rode around 20mph in the rain (i just got lower than i usually do and i was fine) although i probably have my riding glasses and long hair to thank that the rain didn't hurt me
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  39. #559
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    945
    Yeah those would be slick. If you don't have the shoes, I'd go back to regular pedals just for the safety reason.
    Never trust a fart.

  40. #560
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    Yeah those would be slick. If you don't have the shoes, I'd go back to regular pedals just for the safety reason.
    ill just use them extra careful until i buy clip on shoes
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •