Thread: 2.4ghz Question

RC Champion

2.4ghz Question

Ok so this might be a weird question. So I purchased the 6516/6519 Tx/Rx combo and it just doest seem to go as far as the 6509/6518 combo...is this supposed to happen? they both are 2.4ghz but since the 6516/6519 is the cheaper version does this mean that Its not gonna go as far as the 6509/6518 combo? im speaking about the range? any help is much appreciated.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    How much is the difference?
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Given newer technology and higher output with internal antenna, the newer TQi may maintain a link over a longer distance than the TQ 2.4 GHz. I'm getting around 200 yards on my TQi. Don't have an older TQ to compare. It won't transmit through water -- accidentally got my Summit flipped upside down in a lake and couldn't control it ... pulled it out, shook the water out and it ran LOL. Don't think I can control an RC submarine with it LOL but its great for Traxxas surface vehicles.

Your question may also be answered by post 18 in the stickies thread in this forum

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...in-Link-radios
    Last edited by Dementor; 10-25-2013 at 03:35 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    How much is the difference?
    its a big difference. I bash at park in my area and with the tqi 2.4gzh I can go the length of the park but with the tq 2.4gzh I can go barely half the length of the park. the park is basically a big soccer field so its pretty big. I feel that something isn't right because it should go further than that.