RC Enthusiast

New XO-1 pilot checking in...

Wanted to say hi to all the members on here... A little late, but I am ordering mine tonight... Been into RC for many, many years, but this will be my fastest car ever once I am done with it... Had a quick question on chargers, are the basic traxxas balance chargers ok! or should I go with something else??? Running stock batteries first, but going to grab some max amps I am sure of it... Do I need the traxxas parallel adapter at all??? Is thee a tool list anywhere of necessary and recommended tools for this car??? Will my iPhone 5 work to unlock the esc,etc, or should I just buy another iPod just for this application??? Loving this site so far... A lot of great info to read through... Will post pics of my vanilla XO-1 as soon as she is delivered...
    Last edited by rynaldo; 10-22-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    PROJECT XO-1 IS UNDERWAY...

RC Champion
    I have heard good things about the traxxas chargers, but if you want a really good charger I would look into an icharger
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Welcome to the forum!!!

The Basic charger is a good one to start with. Really going to depend on how deep you plan on getting in. For a little bit more money you can pick up a Hyperion Eos 730i Net3 Charger - 7s, 30a, 550w and a 47A 12.15V DC Power Supply, for about $150 shipped. Add a balance board (parallel adapter) with traxxas connectors and this will take care of you for a good while. I use a Powerlab-6 and 600W PS, one of the best IMO, but cost you. For Lipo save your money and grab some from Spec Point Concepts.

You will need the iPod/iPhone before the lightning adapter connection. I hope they are or will change to the new style as this is the second generation of apple products with it.

Lucky you. The Woodlands is a nice area. I live about 60 miles SW of Houston. Not to to far away.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the info... If you are ever in these parts, look me up... Which Traxxas charger is the better one??? I like that it already has the traxxas connector on it for now... Is it the 6s version??? I will check out the batteries you recommend as well... Looks like I will need to pick up an iPod 3 or 4... 8gb sufficient just for this application???

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Welcome to the forum!!!

The Basic charger is a good one to start with. Really going to depend on how deep you plan on getting in. For a little bit more money you can pick up a Hyperion Eos 730i Net3 Charger - 7s, 30a, 550w and a 47A 12.15V DC Power Supply, for about $150 shipped. Add a balance board (parallel adapter) with traxxas connectors and this will take care of you for a good while. I use a Powerlab-6 and 600W PS, one of the best IMO, but cost you. For Lipo save your money and grab some from Spec Point Concepts.

You will need the iPod/iPhone before the lightning adapter connection. I hope they are or will change to the new style as this is the second generation of apple products with it.

Lucky you. The Woodlands is a nice area. I live about 60 miles SW of Houston. Not to to far away.

RC Enthusiast
    This is the charger I like... Looks good for me... Has the balance board etc... Is it worth buying the additional double port charger for it???

http://traxxas.com/products/parts/ch...hargerplus6amp

RC Competitor

New XO-1 pilot checking in...

Hey bro, as a new owner of an xo-1 I think I can give you some advice…. Only buy this thing if you really have a deserted road around you to run it in. Or a really really big parking lot.…I just bought mine assuming I had enough space. I don't, and I'm stuck running it locked…think really hard and if you are not sure, don't buy the xo-1. Get the e revo or something else
    Last edited by krustythe; 10-22-2013 at 06:42 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by krustythe View Post
    Hey bro, as a new owner of an xo-1 I think I can give you some advice…. Only buy this thing if you really have a deserted road around you to run it in. Or a really really big parking lot.…I just bought mine assuming I had enough space. I don't, and I'm stuck running it locked…think really hard and if you are not sure, don't buy the xo-1. Get the e revo or something else
    Thanks for the advice... I am good for room..

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by krustythe View Post
    ^^^
    This.
    I bought one used,
    Now I think I'm going to be selling it only slightly more used
    I just don't have anywhere to run this beast

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cuejo View Post
    ^^^
    This.
    I bought one used,
    Now I think I'm going to be selling it only slightly more used
    I just don't have anywhere to run this beast
    Again... I think I am straight for space... If not I will drive to a place with space to run this bad boy... Thanks!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Went ahead and picked one up from Tower... $60 off... Good deal... Will have it Friday...

RC Competitor
    I don't know man, u sure you have enough space?.....lol jk, enjoy it when it comes friday!

RC Enthusiast
    If I don't... I will find some... Who in Houston/The Woodlands, wants to go driving????

Quote Originally Posted by rynaldo View Post
    Thanks for the info... If you are ever in these parts, look me up... Which Traxxas charger is the better one??? I like that it already has the traxxas connector on it for now... Is it the 6s version??? I will check out the batteries you recommend as well... Looks like I will need to pick up an iPod 3 or 4... 8gb sufficient just for this application???
    Yeah you can go with the smallest version. Unless you are going to utilize it for other uses. If you check eBay you can pick them up fairly cheap.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah you can go with the smallest version. Unless you are going to utilize it for other uses. If you check eBay you can pick them up fairly cheap.
    Thanks... I will grab one soon... curious, if I upgrade to my brand new Futaba 4pl later on, will I not use the ipod or ap anymore then???

Thanks... I will grab one soon... curious, if I upgrade to my brand new Futaba 4pl later on, will I not use the ipod or ap anymore then???
    Once you unlock it you shouldnt need the iDevice anymore. If you change to a new radio system you will need to turn off CLL on the Speed Control. You will also not be able to use the Traxxas Telemetry stuff anymore either. I know the 4PLS has telemetry options though.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    Once you unlock it you shouldnt need the iDevice anymore. If you change to a new radio system you will need to turn off CLL on the Speed Control. You will also not be able to use the Traxxas Telemetry stuff anymore either. I know the 4PLS has telemetry options though.
    how do you turn off CLL??? also I have the 4pls...

RC Champion
    how do you turn off CLL??? also I have the 4pls...

You have to connect the ESC to your PC with Castle Link installed. Once there it's in one of the menus to deselect.

I used the Castle Link USB cord and my Field Link programing card as the interface.

RC Enthusiast
    What cord??? Any tutorials??? Any links for the items I will need???

RC Champion
    You need a Castle Link USB cord to connect you ESC to your PC.

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...stle_link.html

From there is a simple case of plug and click around, you'll find it

RC Enthusiast
    ordering one today...

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    You need a Castle Link USB cord to connect you ESC to your PC.

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...stle_link.html

From there is a simple case of plug and click around, you'll find it

RC Enthusiast
    on the battery reccomendation... which is their best pack for the xo-1 would you say???
    thanks

Welcome to the forum!!!