RC Enthusiast

EZ peak plus charger 6A

Hi, I just bought this new charger for my LiPo 2S 1600mah battery. I set all the option for this type of battery and everything seem to be normal.. except it's very long to charge a battery. For the first 1000ma it charge a 1.6A, but it drop to 0.1 to 0.3A for the rest of the charging cycle..

Is it normal? I plug the Balancer and use the Balance mode charge.

Why is not charging at 1.6A until it's fully charged???

Sorry for my english..

Thanks for the help!

PS: It took about 2h30 to charge a 2S 1600mah battery.

I searched the forum for this kind of info, but didn't find anything..

RC Qualifier
    Yes, that's perfectly normal. The charge rate drops at the end of the cycle. Not sure exactly why, but it's normal. 2hr does seem like a long time though.
    addicted much....

RC Enthusiast
    I'll try with my 5800mah LiPo and check if it does the same thing...

RC Qualifier
    Sometimes certain batteries take forever. Maybe the cells are too far out of balance and the charger is trying to bring them back. That battery should take less than an hour to charge. I charge all mine at 2c rate. A lot of people will reccomend 1c. It makes the battery last longer.
    addicted much....

RC Enthusiast
    I had a problem with my last charger, it only charge one cell, so I'll be patient for this first time and and I'll see what happens with the next charge.

RC Enthusiast
    Is 25C for Traxxas power cell LiPo mean 2.5 time the mah or it's really 25 times? I have a 3-cell 25C 11.1v Traxxas Power cell Lipo (1400mah) Part #2823. Does it mean I can charge it a 35A or 2.5x1.4A = 3.5A MAX ?? Thanks, i'm new with this EZ Peak Plus charger and I don't want to burn the house or anything else!

RC Champion
    25C is the discharge rate, not used in charging.
    Charging rate for traxaxs packs are a max of 2C i think, I dont have them, so i cannot be certain.
    A standard charge rate is 1C.
    1C is capacity 1400mah / 1000 x 1C = 1.4A
    2C is also capacity 1400mah x 2C = 2.8A.
    The lipo voltage pack has no effect on the charge rate 2s 1400mah @ 1C is 1.4A, 6s 1400mah @ 1C is also 1.4A
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Qualifier
    No, that charger isn't capable of 35a. I believe its only a 6a charger. 2c would be 2.8a. You use the mah 1000 To determine the charge rate. 1400 1000= 1.4a which would be 1c. 1.4 2 = 2.8a, which would be 2c. The 25c rating on the battery refers to the discharge rate for the battery and should not be used as a reference to determine the charge rate.
    addicted much....

RC Enthusiast
    Why when I charge in "Charge" mode, the battery is charging in 60 minutes but when I use the "Balance" mode, it can take more than 3 hours!!! I use Charge mode with the Balancer connected.

ALWAYS BALANCE CHARGE.

There must be an issue with the pack if it is taking that long to balance out.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.