RC Enthusiast

Vee or Villan EX?

As some of you may have read, I've just had a painful experience trying to break in my brand new Ve.. I was at the lhs today and took a close look at the Villan EX. I know it's electric, but everything seems to be designed better...the water tight radio box, the motors are water proof, and I hear its little faster than the Vee.

What's the advantage to the Vee? More Upgradable? Longevity? I'm almost wishing I would have bought a Villan now..

cooldude3552000
    well the NV is a old boat and the villian EX is pretty new so it is deffinetly designed better. I would say the EX has more ecceleration but top end I think the NV might be a tad faster with correct tuning, with a 8.4volt pack it might be closer or beat it. Then villian uses batteries. witch means it has shorter run times and u need to recharge, and there r 2 packs so u need a double charger or u need to charege them separtalty. Alot of people have trouvble during break in (maby why it is called break in?lol) all vehicles by any company will have trouble breaking in bcause it is all tight and stuff. I would keep the vee bcause once you get used to it it is a great boat!

btw, Traxxas, have you ever though of a nitro vee EX?

RC Racer
    Theres nothing like nitro!!!!

The nitro vee is faster on top speed and with mods it flys by it.

I am a nitro guy thats why I like nitro vee and other gas and nitro boats. Also like cooldude said you can have longer run times and more power through out that time.

why doesnt anyone put the 2.5 in the NV?the thing would smoke, nobody would have complaints

RC Enthusiast

Cool thanks

I heard that they are working on a marine version of the 2.5 engine upgrade, and I would DEFINATELY do that if it happens.

I only hope they are also working ona conversion for the radio box to make it more like the Villan (water tight). I wouldn't think it would be too hard to do, but maybe I'm wrong. It seems kinda funny that the NV would be so prone to breaking down because of water....IT"S A BOAT! But I'm sure once I get used to it, the radio will not get wet very often.....right?

RC Racer
    My radio stuff has only got a little wet once or twice because it spun out and got some water in it. Once I did the mods it hasn't gotten wet enough to effect it. I agree they need a water proof radio box for the vee badly! I was going to make my own but haven't got around to it.

I'm probably going to put in the 2.5 when my .15 dies. Hopefully by then maybe the marine version of it will be out.

RC Competitor

Wink

Don't give up on the Vee. I ,as well as everyone else, has gone through the same feelings you currently have. Take a deep breath and send it right back out on the water. Once tuned in, you won't find a more realible work horse

RC poster
    if anybody don't like there NITRO VEE I will buy it. Shoot me an email jrbwireman@aol.com .looking for a good hull right now

Quote Originally Posted by rcboater1234 View Post
    if anybody don't like there NITRO VEE I will buy it. Shoot me an email jrbwireman@aol.com .looking for a good hull right now
    This is a VERY old thread, so I doubt you will get a response.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle