Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Racer
    Thank you everyone for everything. I learned a lot here. After considering the hobby wing and others I think I am going to go for the stock vilneon here is why... I just got the traxxas remote with telemetry which I would like to use. The after markets don't work with it. The traxxas handles both 2s Ans 3s along with nmh. And finally in pricing it out. The numbers work the same. The vilneon on eBay is about $130. Again thank you

RC Qualifier
    Just glad to be able to help with your desicion.
    The Velineon system is by no means a bad setup, but it is better suited for 2S (and NiMH) than 3S. Also the Stampede 4x4 is a bit heavy for it. A majority will tell you the Velineon won't last very long on 3S, but in any case there are some precautions you can take:
    1. Install a cooling fan on the VXL-3s ESC, Traxxas part #3340.
    2. Install a heat sink with cooling fan on the motor. Just about any 36mm heat sink will do, but bigger is better. If you want to go all the way, take a look at this:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ighlight=ezrun
    3. Get a temp gun to monitor your motor and ESC (or use telemetry).
    4. Let your motor and ESC cool down between runs.

And remember: Modding and reparing are also part of the addiction.

RC Qualifier
    The stock system is fine in a 2x4 but really struggles in a 4X4, best of luck to ya.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaky17 View Post
    The stock system is fine in a 2x4 but really struggles in a 4X4, best of luck to ya.
    When you say struggles? What do you mean? I have a slash 4x4 and the thing screams? Is the Stampede different?

RC Qualifier
    It struggles to stay cool, but since you have a slash 4x4 you're familiar with the stock system. The P4de is no different, stock gearing is 11t pinion.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

I would use 9-11t pinion max buy a temp gun as they are very accurate and get fans for the esc and motor.Also look at aluminium motor mount and motor plate as they help with dissiapating heat ...........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!